Sending Failure. I can't send, reply or forward an email with attachment or picture.
Bella_Mia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S5. When I try to send, forward or reply to an email with an attachment or picture it gets stuck in my outbox with a final message on my notification page of "sending failure".  I can receive any email with pics or attachments. I have removed and re added my email accounts as well as cleared the cache without any luck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending Failure. I can't send, reply or forward an email with attachment or picture.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try doing this, uninstall your email app then power down & remove battery and SIM card. Next re-power phone and do a regular reset of the phone (not a restart)  with SIM installed. This will be listed under settings, backup and restore then tap Reset settings. now reinstall email app and setup your account. This in a normal working phone will clear most email problems along with correct account settings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Sending Failure. I can't send, reply or forward an email with attachment or picture.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try doing this, uninstall your email app then power down & remove battery and SIM card. Next re-power phone and do a regular reset of the phone (not a restart)  with SIM installed. This will be listed under settings, backup and restore then tap Reset settings. now reinstall email app and setup your account. This in a normal working phone will clear most email problems along with correct account settings.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what email program?

0 Likes
Bella_Mia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bingo…that did the trick..thank you so very much.  Only problem I have now is that I need help with re-adding the standard email application to my home screen, not sure how.  I can access my email via settings and accounts. Can you help with the app issue?

Bella_Mia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard email app.  I just followed the prior post to remove the battery and sim card and it totally worked. Thanks for trying to help me out Smiley Happy

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Bella_Mia , Happy to hear it worked for you. That what we're all about, helping each other. please mark answer correct so others having the problem will know what to do. thank you