Service issues since Lollipop
The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if it's just me or not, but ever since the update, my antenna seems weaker. I've never gotten much service at my house, but typically, I could go near a window, or outside and get service. Now, once it goes so long without service, the only way to get it back is to restart my phone. I've tested this even going into areas where I know there's good service. I've tried toggling airplane mode on and off, and even that doesn't get it to hook back up. It's incredibly annoying having a phone I pay this much for, and yet, can't use it without restarting every time I want to make a call or text.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service issues since Lollipop
djorgga
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of the responses from this or another thread on this subject mentions to try changing "Preferred Network Mode" to LTE/CDMA.  I did this and then rebooted (didn't work until after the reboot).  It seems to have corrected my issue (I did also uninstall some apps I don't rely on but otherwise no other changes).  Note that after another reboot the mode seems to have switched back to Global, but the issue has not returned.

Change "Preferred Network Mode" from Settings > More networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's take a closer look into this, The_Disturbed1! I use the Note 3 myself and I'm not experiencing these issues. We can try some troubleshooting. First, please power off the device. Then, remove the battery and the SIM card for at least 60 seconds. Then, reattach the SIM card, and the battery, and power the phone back on. Let me know how that goes.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried that, got home, and it's still doing the same thing. It works as normal for a bit, but it seems like once it goes a certain amount of time with no service it stops trying.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The_Disturbed1, Thanks for trying these steps with us.  Are you experiencing the decrease in signal in your home area or everywhere that you use the phone? Any new cases or screen protectors on your phone? We'll figure this out, for sure.
TanishaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new cases or anything like that. The only new thing at all is the Lollipop update. It's not so much that it gets less service, its just that it stops trying to acquire service after it goes so long without it. Once I restart it gets service just fine. I just have to restart to get it to reacquire the signal after so long with out it instead of it automatically getting it back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The_Disturbed1,

Thanks for the clarification! Let's run the phone in safe mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-140276/ and test for a few hours to see if you notice a difference.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried the safemode thing. Still won't reacquire signal unless I restart.

moleculechef
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have exactly the same issue.  I don't get any bars at my office.  When I leave my office I have to reboot my phone otherwise it will continue to show no service.  Rebooting appears to solve the problem until I lose enough signal strength to cause the no service indicator to come on and then I have to go through another reboot to acquire service again.

My signal strength is reduced compared to what it was before the software upgrade.  I contacted Samsung customer service, described the problem to them, and mentioned that opening in safe mode didn't appear to improve anything.   The only thing they could recommend to me was to do a factory reset (I haven't done it yet).

I didn't have this issue before the Lollipop upgrade and since it appears I'm not the only one to have the problem it must be a software glitch.  I hope someone at Verizon is discussing this with Samsung and Google to figure out a fix.

runteldat72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get same problem, if I lose service my note 3 wont reacquire service unless I restart phone. took in to Verizon and they are hoping for another upgrade that will fix issues or said to call customer service and request new phone.

The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So....is this Verizon giving up on the issue? Way to go to offer full support for your device guys. And you wonder why everyone is going to prepaid services.