Signal strength recently drops in north Raleigh, NC
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed that just recently (within the last few weeks), the signal strength in north Raleigh, NC (at my house and around the neighborhood) has reduced from 3-4 bars with 4G down to 1 bar and sometimes as low as 3 bars in 3G. Is there something going on with the network? I have an up-to-date Samsung Galaxy 5S, so I don't believable it has anything to do with my phone. What gives?

Re: Signal strength recently drops in north Raleigh, NC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to have the best possible service SnoopyWG. The Samsung S5 is a great phone. How long have you been having this issue for? Is it effecting voice, data or both? What is the current zip code that you are in? Is anyone else having this issue? 

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would say within the last week or so that the signal strength has dropped. I've had a few dropped calls but I can't tell the difference in data speeds yet. Both my wife and I have seen this and we have the exact same phone. Yes, we live in 27609, but I've seen this around town and heard that others are experiencing the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No issues over here SnoopyWG. Let's try a few things. Turn off your phone and remove your https://www.verizonwireless.com/search/vzwSearch?Ntt=99556&nav=Global&gTab=undefined SIM card for 3 minutes and retry. How far do you have to go in order for it to work again? 

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work for my self at home but have clients around town. It's not that the phone isn't working, it's that I've noticed this dramatic drop in signal strength within the last week or two and as I've said, my wife and I have changed nothing in our side. I will try the sim card thing, though. Stand by...

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Done. Signal strength is the same (4G, 1 bar). According to some of the other discussion pasts online, this is not limited to us. I'd like to know if Verizon regularly monitors signal strength throughout the area. Do you know?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnoopyWG, we want to make sure we do everything we can to get better service. Since you have had these issues with the device have you been able to get the sim card replaced? You can always take the device to a local Verizon Wireless store: http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/ to get it replaced for free.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, we'll give that a try. Thanks.

w

0 Likes
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going through a similar situation in Upstate NY right now. Please let me know if replacing your device works (I doubt it will though).4G LTE Signal Quality dropped

0 Likes
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes