Software repair assistant is not recognizing my device.
pareshbhimani

I have sasmung galaxy s3 model name: SCH-I535. I was in process of downgrading it through odin, But odin fail the test and my phone is currently locked, It is showing that Firmware Encountered an issue. Please use software repair assistant and try again. I downloaded it, but it is not recognizing my device. It is showing that reconnect your device. I have reconnected my device several times. But no progress on it.

Please help me with this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Software repair assistant is not recognizing my device.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pareshbhimani, I know the importance of getting the phone back in working order. With the software not recognizing your phone, we want to help in any way possible to get this going. The first thing we will have you do is see if you can download the device drivers for the phone. Here is a link with those directions:

http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117

Once you are done with this step, then please try to download the update/connect device to software assistant again and keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Since using ODIN, you will have to try again with ODIN or other means, however, since you mentioned downgrading, which requires manipulation of the OS and its files, we won't be able to comment further.

0 Likes
data-wifi-loads-areano

Super similar with my S23 ultra. Calls and texts are fine. Running apps is fine. Anything that needs internet (i.e. data or wifi) to load or run, it loads for an extremely long time and a fair amount of times it doesn't load at all. I have reset networks I have removed and put back the sim more than once along with restarting my phone. The only "solution" per Verizon techs, left to try is the software upgrade/repair assistant. I am able to download and install it. I can run it but it stays on the 1st screen instructing me to connect my device. It is connected or the software wouldn't have installed. I have disconnected and reconnected, throw a restart for the PC as well as my S23 a few times. Different power cords. Different USB options. Nothing is letting the program recognize that my device is connected. I can do other things while it is connected like open explorer and browse my files so the PC is recognizing it, just not the software. Please, please help me. Going out of my mind not having a functioning phone! 

0 Likes