Some incoming callers receive message that number is not in service when it is
kpahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my husband and I have the same phone.  We are both having the problem that when many people (not all) call they say they are getting the message that the number is not in service.  This is not true and our account is current.  It's happening on both our phones and from callers from different states.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  We recently moved (5 months ago) to North Carolina from Delaware.  We never had this problem in Delaware only once we moved here to the mountains of NC.  It's not that we don't have service because we do.  The phone doesn't even ring on our end when this happens.  What could be the problem?  It's happening a lot and it's becoming a problem when we need to be reached.  It's even happened to us when we tried to call each other's phone.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Some incoming callers receive message that number is not in service when it is
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kpahl-

You came to the right source for help.  Making sure you receive all of your calls is very important.  Many of us no longer have land line phones and our cell phones are our lifeline.  Let's work together on solving this mystery.  What is your zip code?  Have you noticed if this occurs when you're outdoors or indoors?  Keep us posted so we can assist further.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Some incoming callers receive message that number is not in service when it is
kpahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our zip is 28640.  It seems to happen both inside & outside.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kpahl-

Thank you for responding.  That zip code is in an extended 4g coverage area which are towers run by other carriers.  Do you know if this happens to other Verizon customers? 

EmmaM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kpahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've mentioned it to others and no one has said they have the same issue.  Although a neighbor said he thought it would be a tower issue, but I don't think he has Verizon.  Even if it's a tower issue, it shouldn't say the phone number isn't in service.  That is confusing to people telling them that they have the wrong number or that we disconnected our phone.  Shouldn't it say something like the number can't be reached at this time or something?? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kpahl-

Appreciate the details.  Does this occur at a specific time?  Do you have any restrictions on your phone set up through our family base program?

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kpahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

No restrictions on either phone.  Happens any time of day or night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming @kpahl!

Are both you and your husband's devices Samsung Galaxy S 5's?  Do you experience low signal in or around your home?  Please try removing and reinserting the SIM Card http://vz.to/1sYKssu to ensure your device is up to date with towers in your area.  Please let me know if the problem persists after reinserting the SIM Cards.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
kpahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  We generally have a decent signal at our home unless it's raining which adversely affects the signal.  Since we're in the mountains we do occasionally loose signal when we are driving around, but that is expected around here.  We will attempt the SIM card action and see if there are any changes.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand, @kpahl.  Please keep me posted with your results after removing and reinserting the SIM Card.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes