Sound Quality on Galaxy S8+
SAS5814
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got my S8+ and the quality of sound when I receive a call is horrible. It is distorted and rattle-ish to the point I can't understand the caller. I did all the online troubleshooting tips and they didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Sound Quality on Galaxy S8+
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the HD Voice feature on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SAS5814
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes it is on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning it off to see if the call quality improves or not.

The other thing to try is reseating the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great device, we want you to enjoy it fully. When did it start, was it like this from the beginning? What zip code are you in?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAS5814
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started in the last week or 2. I'm in 75701

On Jun 2, 2017 5:39 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAS5814,

Making sure you have a working device is essential. We appreciate all of your efforts you have taken regarding this matter.  Can you make sure your device has the latest software update?  Also, are you utilizing any form Bluetooth when this is occurring (headset, car)?

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAS5814
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is connected to my galaxy S2 watch. When I use bluetooth sound, like my

car, it is crystal clear.

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAS5814, that's great to hear that it is clear when using Bluetooth. We want to make sure we look into everything to get all calls sounding clear for you though. Do you have a case or any protective covering on your phone?

If so please remove it and test your calls without those types of items.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes