System update 5/24/18
SHUTTERBUG4FUN2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since last night's update, my Note has been all out of whack. The clock is wrong (good thing I caught that before I set my alarm for work). Several apps such as Weatherbug and Snapchat have lost some or all functionality. Any one k ow what happened and wh

0 Likes
Re: System update 5/24/18
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to clear the cache partition in recovery mode?

Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

This will work with your Note 8.

This clears out all the old files and does not change any of your settings on the phone

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-boot

0 Likes
SHUTTERBUG4FUN2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did several times, and it didn't work. I figured out the update shut of

automatic time/date, and set the date forward a month and a half.

Since changing the setting back to automatic date and time, the phone is

back to normal. I would also received texted that would be inserted into

the thread chronologically correct so i couldn't find them, and podcasts

that weren't showing up because of the wrong date showed up again once the

date was corrected.