Text message issues
Bmalnari
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't send or receive text messages.  Problem started yesterday morning, went away in the evening, started again today.

Re: Text message issues
truenorth069
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar issue. I noticed my issue today. My text messages keep failing to send. I have to try sending them several times to not have an error. Not sure if they are even going out now or not. I haven't had a response from anyone since the issue started.

Bmalnari
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a work phone so can test periodically and it's very much hit and miss.  This is a pain.  As far as sending, you can tell if it's working after you hit send.  You get a confirmation on what is happening with the text in the the message itself.  For me, when it's not working, it continues to say SENDING instead of SENT.  My last message said FAILED.

0 Likes
mvnsnd

I'm seeing the same issues on both an Android and iPhone.  Sometimes re-trying the message a few times it will eventually send. Still only receiving texts sporadically.

0 Likes
Tigg42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  Incoming texts are severely delayed (hours) or not received.  Outgoing texts are taking several times to send successfully.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.  I also have an iPhone for work and have tested using both devices to confirm the lag time. Data does not seem to be affected.

Edit to say I tried restarting and Airplane mode off/on.

0 Likes
Shakeyfly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Note 8 I'm having the same issue. Whether using Message+ or Textra, or anything else, no Text Messages are going through or receiving. I received one text message this morning. Got nothing after that.

0 Likes
Tigg42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the Troubleshooting tool and it had me delete the application data on my phone.  That seems to have helped, but I'll wait a bit to confirm for sure.

0 Likes
Tigg42
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few hours later and the problems continue, sporadically.

0 Likes
truenorth069
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a good place to check how widespread the issue is:

https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/

0 Likes