Texts not received until phone restarted
mfyock
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently have an issue where my Galaxy A51 will randomly stop receiving text messages. Outgoing texts work fine.  When I restart the phone all the texts will come in. This started about a week ago and has happened several times in the last few days. I think the issue is when the phone looses cell service. That seems to start the no texts received scenario and it continues until the phone is restarted.

Re: Texts not received until phone restarted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mfyock,

I depend on my text messages every day and would be concerned too if I were having any problems! How often are you losing cellular service? What is the signal showing on your device?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Pioneer4x4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue, ease of Pittsburgh, PA.  Both my phone, and my wife's phone.  (both S22 Ultra)
Also could not make calls, until reboot, then all of the txts we missed come in.  First noticed this on 9/20 I believe, and in different locations, not WiFi related either.  Was in my car the first time I noticed.

delayed txt after vz samsung update
dpautz
Enthusiast - Level 1

This blows my mind that verizon isn't taking this seriously.  It has been well over a week and no software update / fix from verizon.   I imagine there is some serious damage being done here,  delays of a day on text messages is causing hard both personally and job / business wise.  when people think you are ignoring them it causes some lovely drama.  

Hello Verizon,  when is this going to be fixed?

aprilmaek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problems for days. This is ridiculous. I'm losing customers!  No customers = no money = not paying for this phone that doesn't work. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Texting has become more important than ever, Pioneer4x4. We understand the seriousness of this issue. Our tech team is aware of this growing concern, and we are working with Samsung to correct this issue in the next software update. The software is being tested to ensure it corrects the issue, but we do not know when the software will be released. 

-George

0 Likes
Re: delayed txt after vz samsung update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, dpautz. Please be assured that our only goal is to ensure that you get the best possible service at all times. Our resources show that if you experience issues with your Samsung phone after a software update, you can resolve those post-software update issues with the software repair assistant tool as per this link https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/ at your convenience. Please try it and keep us posted. Alternately, a new software update created by the manufacturer will resolve the issue when a new update is available from the manufacturer. 

-Antonio

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello April! I see you've been having issues with the service. Please give us the chance to better assist you. I'll send you private message in a moment.

>Ulises

0 Likes
RobMcRaf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem.  Chesapeake Virginia.  I now have to reboot phone constantly.  Went into work only to find out they were closed for the weather.  Didn't get the text until I rebooted phone.  Am not getting verification codes until rebooting phone.  Didn't get texts from my kids until I rebooted phone.   Very upset

Re: delayed txt after vz samsung update
RobMcRaf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do I need to fix Verizon's problems?

0 Likes