Texts wont vibrate after update
Co89

I did the update this morning and now when my phone is set in vibrate mode, my texts notifications won't vibrate and it doesn't allow me to adjust it. I have to either stare at my LED light or continously check my phone to see if I have a text. Very inconvenient. How can this be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Texts wont vibrate after update
garder54

Having the same issue.  I have tried navigating through the settings to see if everything is still turned on and it is.

0 Likes
MamaCashew

I am having the same issue and it's really annoying!  I've tried everything short of a reboot, which I refuse to do to get it fixed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Co89,

I know how important getting text via with vibration is as it's easy way of knowing when out and about. Have you double checked and make sure that your phone is not on power save mode? If so turn off and give it a try.

-ShirazP_VZW

Thenewestuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same problem. When I disabled power saving mode all vibrations started working. Last week's update definitely changed this.  I always have had power saving mode enabled on my SGS6 and am usually in vibrate mode.  Any way to control what can vibrate in pwr save mode? Even the Samsung alarm clock won't vibrate with pwr save enabled.

0 Likes
tunamelt

Why must we disable the power save mode to enable the vibrate? When will there be a fix to this update bug or is there a way to go back and undo this update?

0 Likes
Co89

I disabled power save mode and now the texts vibration works. But before the update vibrate worked in power saving mode, I always had it on. Is there going to be a new update to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns regarding the vibrate feature on your device Erin. My resources indicate that your device is working as designed and no fix is necessary. It is normal for some features to be changed, added, or removed after a software update. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tunamelt

How is my phone not vibrating when set to vibrate "working as designed"?

0 Likes