Touchscreen unresponsive for a few seconds
bsegar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the regular Galaxy s6 and the touchscreen occasionally doesn't register that I touched it. Turning the screen off and back on seems to fix it, but (for example) it did it this morning with the alarm going off and wouldn't respond to me hitting snooze...that's a good way for a phone get thrown at a wall. This evening it wouldn't take a photo. Anybody else having this issue/know if there's a fix?

Re: Touchscreen unresponsive for a few seconds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bsegar,

I am shocked that you are having any issue at all with the Galasy s6. Is a specific area of the touch screen? Is the screen damaged in any way? How often does the screen become unresponsive?

Thank you,

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Steve_R
Enthusiast - Level 1

same problem.  I commented in another thread as well that is having this same issue.  Didn't see any resolution there either...  Smiley Sad

bsegar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took it back to the store and the dude didn't seem to believe me. Apparently he has the same phone and has never had that issue. I told him I wanted an iPhone instead. While he was transferring my info, the Samsung actually did its unresponsive thing! Not that he had any idea why, but that's at least one person who believes it now...

0 Likes
bsegar
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wasn't a specific area of the screen and the phone wasn't damaged (it was brand new out of the box.) The screen did it maybe 3-4 times per day during the 3 days I had it. Not excessive, but VERY annoying (especially the unresponsive snooze button.)

0 Likes
Simple_Life
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband is having the same issue with his phone, but I am not - we both have the same phone (just diff colors) and got them at the same time. I've been on various forums, taken it into the Verizon store, etc. No one seems to have an actual fix - just different things to try. Still it lags when he tries to do anything with the touchscreen; texting, pulling down menus, swiping, etc. Strange thing is that it doesn't do it all the time, only sometimes, but frequent enough to be highly annoying.I am hoping Samsung issues a patch/fix for it soon.

MisterBigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Sometimes I'm not able to bring down the system menu. I have to press and hold the top of the screen and after two or three seconds I can then bring down the menu. Also, sometimes I have to press a jerry multiple times when typing before the key is actually selected.

I've tried going into Safe Mode, doing a factory reset, I've removed the screen protector, I've cleared the system cache and TouchWiz cache. I've tried a lot of other things but nothing helps.

The unresponsiveness is most pronounced around the edge of the screen.

I have the S6 flat phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your having these issues MisterBigs. It not something we ever want our customers to experience. We appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done. Is it damaged in any way? Did this start after you put a 3rd party app on the device. You mentioned Safe mode, does it occur in Safe mode?
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MisterBigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. The issue is still there when I boot up in Safe Mode. I've even enabled the Show Touches and Show Pointer Location settings in the Developer Options. Doing this I can clearly see the difference between when I touch the screen and when the touch is registered. There is definitely am issues with my phone.

0 Likes
MisterBigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no visible damage on the phone. It doesn't appear to be a 3rd party issue since it also happens in Safe Mode.

0 Likes