Unable to receive text from iPhone users
2manycars4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past month I've not been able to receive text messages from people I texted with when I had and iPhone 4. Today I contacted Apple to try and delete my phone number from their system. They were able to revoke the certificate and I finally got a text from an old friend who has an iPhone. Unfortunately, his is the only iPhone who can text to me. I've tried everything on the Android side to get the text but it is something on the Apple side stopping it. A couple of my friends were standing right next to me and texted me only to receive "Error message not delivered" on their phone.

A lot of this could be avoided if the VERIZON store, not an independent store, but a company store, would have taken the necessary steps to have me remove iMessage from my phone before trading it in. UGH. So far three days of frustration trying to get the phone to receive Apple phone texts.

I am very disappointed in how the Verizon Store Employee's did not have me DeActivate the iMessaging in the iPhone before trading it in.

Now how do I get the iPhone users to be able to text me??? You would think Verizon could do something and get it to work.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text from iPhone users
LKEVE

I had the same issue when I switched from my iphone to the Galaxy Note.  If you had an iPhone previously, this stems from your number still being listed as an iPhone so your iPhone friends are still sending iMessages to your number.  If you log into your iCloud account and click on "find my iPhone"...Once that comes up, click on the iPhone under device list an click "Remove Device".  If you are using a Mac, then you will also need to go to iMessage on your Mac...go to Preferences and Accounts and remove your phone number from there as well.  Hope this works

Kris

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text from iPhone users
2manycars4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got the text issue fixed. I had to call Apple and open a case to get my number and certificate revoked on their server. It took 24 hours but I now receive text from iPhone users. Again, great customer support from Verizon, or should I say lack of. The company store I purchased my new phone from was clueless on turning off iMessage. When I was at the store for the internet connection someone was trading in an iPhone. I warned them about turning off iMessage and they thanked me. The salesperson asked why they needed to do that, all they needed was turn off find my phone. I explained with IOS 7 the iMessage takes over from the regular text. It registers the phone number as an iPhone on Apple's server and all iPhones try to send the text to their server instead of a regular server. I'm happy to have text capability with my friends back.

0 Likes