Unable to save email password
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Hello Support,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 7.0 and I am using the native email application. it appears that the native email application will not keep the password that I enter for the email account. It will take the password and then several days later it would ask for the password again. I would then enter the password and then some days later it would ask for the password again.

I have already did a master reset on the device (which I find pointless); spend days re-configuring the device; enter the password for the email account; it would work for several days then ask for the password again.

This issue does occur with my Note 3. Anyone else having this issue? It's frankly annoying to keep asking for the email password.

Regards,

S8+ User

Re: Unable to save email password
bearone21
Legend

gmail, yahoo, etc or a pop3/imap account with outlook??

Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

This is only happening with yahoo and att.net email accounts

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to be sure your phone saves the password for your email accounts Bruce27u01. We will definitely do everything we can to help. When did this issue begin? Do you have any special security settings set up with your email accounts?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you have cox email, they are having server problems.

Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

This has been the issue ever since I bought the phone. I have ignored it but now its becoming an absolute nuisance and should not be happening. It does not happen for google accounts as they go thru the google app and not the native email app.

bearone21
Legend

change your password!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bruce27u01, it sounds like we need to take a closer look at the settings for these email accounts. Please follow the steps at http://spr.ly/6581D3sb7. When you added these email accounts to your phone, did you go through Settings, Accounts, Add Account or choose from the available list? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to access your e-mails with ease, Bruce27u01. Have you attempted using the Yahoo application or a specific application for the e-mail service and if so, are you noticing the same issue?

0 Likes
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

I am still waiting for a solution to this issue from VZW. It happened again 7 times this weekend. This should not be happening on a $900 phone. My old Note 3 does not have the same issue.

0 Likes