Unable to turn off stock music app since lollipop install
WatchStopper

I dislike the stock music app on my Galaxy S4 so I use a different app to play my music. Prior to the lollipop "upgrade" I could disable many of the apps I didn't use, including the Music app. Now, I am unable to turn it off, and it keeps loading and playing music by default when I connect my phone to my car via bluetooth.  I have since downloaded an app called "Bluetooth Connect and Play" which has helped, but not fixed the situation. It is annoying beyond belief.

Somewhat related to the above topic, I also no longer get information about the song, artist, album on my car's display. Prior to the lollipop "upgrade" it did. Now it only says, "Audio Device."  I have already checked to see if there are any updates for the bluetooth in my car. There are not; it is up-to-date. I have also tried forgetting all devices on both the phone and car and setting up the links again as if they were new. Nothing is working.

It's really starting to feel like Verizon realized that the Galaxy S4 was a great phone with longevity and remained fully functional for many users for a long time (3/4 of a two-year contract prior to lollipop in my case). Forcing users to change operating systems to a less functional, less user-friendly system must have been brainstormed as a great way to get Verizon customers who were happy with their S4s to get fed up and purchase newer phones.

0 Likes