Unlocked or Verizon Branded Note 8 directly from Samsung
sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have read and received a lot of conflicting information on various boards and from Verizon reps (they were the most conflicting, btw) about services, ie. wifi calling, HD calling, advanced calling features that may or may not be blocked from use on an unlocked version (unbranded) of the Note 8, as has been the case previously with other unlocked phones. Verizon reps tell me there is "no way to know unless you put the device id into the online compatibility form". I find this very difficult to believe that a big release item like the Note 8, Verizon doesn't know whether or not advanced calling features will work or will be blocked on an unbranded version of the device. Anyone have any first hand knowledge? I would be forever grateful. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked or Verizon Branded Note 8 directly from Samsung
wwwzzz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received my Note 8 from Samsung yesterday. I can't comment on wifi calling, but I can tell you everything else works normal. Also when you order from Samsung the promo goods are automatically sent with the phone. No paperwork to file and no waiting.

0 Likes
wwwzzz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oops, I was scrolling thru my settings and found an option to turn on wifi calling under advanced calling.

0 Likes
CARPAR67

Can you confirm you have the unlocked Note 8 from Samsung?

0 Likes