Update [removed]
JENMAC6
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating my phone, I don't even want it anymore it sucks. I no longer get a notification that I have a text. I don't want to consistently have to check my phone to see if I have a text so I'm missing a lot when I check hours later after receiving one. When I use my close all feature it doesn't close the apps. I use Google Maps and when I go to shut it down a small box with the map appears on my home screen, when I close this the directions continue to flash in the status bar. I just really don't feel like this update is more user friendly than what I had before

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Update [removed]
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updating the phone's software should always improve the experience, JENMAC6. I'm sorry to hear that this was not the case and I wish I had a way to bring back the text tone notification option. Regretfully, the feature was removed in this update. You can use the Verizon Messages+ application and set up the text tone notification. Click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ to learn more. In regard to the maps, what happens when you tap the map notification in the status bar? Are you able to close out the map? Are you able to close one application at a time?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENMAC6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the Verizon Messages+ application and I'm not talking about the tone notification.  My phone doesn't even tell me I have a message period.  For example, the message app usually will have a # for the amount of unread messages you have, it doesn't even do this anymore.  Yes I can close each application  individually and all at once (except Maps).  Maps is the only one that when I use the close all feature it pops up on my home screen in a little box and then when I exit out of that it's still open in my status bar.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenmac6, your updates should be improving your phone not causing issues like these.  Let’s turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes