Upgrade Status
lucky1331ykcul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

My son and I both used our upgrades to move from the Note 4 to the Note 7. Due to the recall, we are now forced to take phones we didn't want (We each went with the S7 edge). I want to know if our "upgrade status" is going to be reset so that if/when the new Note(?) comes out, we are able to upgrade to it without any hassle.

Please inform as to companies plans to fix this situation. Thank you for your time and consideration.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Status
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When did you upgrade? I'd see if they could at least back date the upgrade date to when you got the Note 7's. If you opted to exchange vs. just returning it's questionable what they will do for all these folks "forced" into phones they don't want. Interested to hear the outcome...

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat and have been arguing with customer support about this for the last two days. still don't have an answer. ill make the payments on an older phone...s7edge or note 5....I just want my contract reset so that I can upgrade when another new phone becomes available in the near future. I'm waiting on call backs from "managers"

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee
lucky1331ykcul-

I definitely understand the inconvenience of going through the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exchange and we want to provide the best replacement options so you can enjoy your new phone. Please know you are able to return the Note 7 for a full refund or exchange it for a different phone http://vz.to/2dcwEZT

Should you go with an exchange option, your upgrade eligibility will be taken as with any other upgrade. For the latest updates on the Galaxy Note 7 Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

Carment_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

we are being forced to downgrade...its not an upgrade. give me the same old phone I had when I upgraded to this note 7 and my upgrade eligibility for a phone I may want in the near future.

lucky1331ykcul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well,  I spoke with a Jennifer with customer service and she assured me that our upgrade status would be reset.  The problem is that when we upgraded to the Note 7 we had to return our Note 4's. So we are left without a phone. So to say that we can get a refund or have a phone we don't want count as our upgrade is ludicrous. If I am going to go with a refund it is because I am leaving Verizon. So I would be careful what you say carmet_vzw.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

We never want to hear that you would think about leaving us. I know the issues surrounding the Note 7 recall have been challenging and we are offering the best available options to our customers. I want to make sure you are offered an option you will be pleased with. Were you looking into returning or exchanging your Note 7?

0 Likes
lucky1331ykcul
Enthusiast - Level 1

We do not have an option of returning the Note7 because when we upgraded to it our old phones (Note4's) were taken. Our choice would be to use our old phones until new Notes are available, but your policies/practices made that impossible.

If you would like to send our old phones back to us we will use those. Also, I am not sure why we are having this discussion since I was already promised by another associate that my upgrades will indeed be reset. If you are indeed telling me different, please leave your contact information so that when I leave I can reference this conversation as reason.

When we had to switch phones, it was presented as downgrading to a different phone, since the Note 7 is the newest and the most advanced phone. So this really shouldn't be a problem since in my plan I pay for upgrading my phone, not downgrading it.

I do appreciate your help and input into this, so is there something you can tell me definitively?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lucky1331ykcul wrote:

We do not have an option of returning the Note7 because when we upgraded to it our old phones (Note4's) were taken. Our choice would be to use our old phones until new Notes are available, but your policies/practices made that impossible.

Just another example of why annual upgrade programs are NOT in the best interest of the customer. They ALWAYS work out better for the one SELLING the device.