Upgraded to Oreo today and it corrupted my SD card.
clemski
Enthusiast - Level 1

Upgraded to Oreo today and it corrupted my SD card. I have a lot of apps moved to the SD card for storage. Looks like this is a common problem with the update (thank Verizon for letting us know).Has anyone found a solution to save the data and get the SD card to work? And please spare me solutions on backing up data before updates or doing factory resets.

Re: Upgraded to Oreo today and it corrupted my SD card.
TROSENDA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing for me.  My SD Card was encrypted and now I have lost over 1,000 pics.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm truly sorry to hear that the new Oreo updated affected your SD card, Clemski . I can certainly understand how much of an inconvenience this has been for you and Trosenda to lose all that important information from your devices. I would recommend our Software repair assistant. This link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/, will help restore your device back to the previous software. Once you follow these steps, let me know if this helps to restore all the information back to your SD card.

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

In the future ladies and gentlemen, REMOVE your SD card before updating,  and backup your card from time to time. Once a card is reading corrupted its toast.