User Name Displayed on Email
pkraft01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the Gmail app on my Samsung S10 Plus to access my Verizon.net email account (now hosted on AOL).

In the past when I sent an email my first name / last name showed up in the inbox of the person I sent email to. Recently - and maybe when I moved from a Pixel XL to the S10 Plus  - instead of my first name / last name showing up the person I'm sending to sees my email address.

Initially I thought that maybe I set Gmail up incorrectly on the S10 Plus so I double checked the setting with my Pixel XL and all setting are the same.

Anybody see this happen to them, any thoughts on what I need to do get my first name / last name to display?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: User Name Displayed on Email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pkraft01, I appreciate these details and I'd be happy to help. To confirm, are you able to send a test email using your Pixel XL to confirm what information is displayed for sender? In addition, does this occur with all recipients, or only a specific email address?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: User Name Displayed on Email
pkraft01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry Pixel XL was factory reset so I could donate it.

The issue of showing my [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] occurs on all emails sent from my Galaxy S10 Plus to all recipients.

0 Likes