Verizon, I am not happy with the note 3 reception
DrDreams
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am dripping calls everywhere! I had a RAZR Maxx prior to this and never ever had an issue. It's been almost 7 months since I got the note 3, I drop calls everywhere even in walmart! I have no reception many places in school where I did with my RAZR. What am I supposed to do if my family has an emergency and they can't get in touch with me because of this reception issue?

Engineers have escalated it, replaced my Sim and factory reset. No fixing the problem. I even swapped my phone with my wife's note 3 and the same thing happen! I have 3 little kids at home and need to be in touch with my medical community, I need a phone I can depend on. Not this type of garbage. What is going on with the note 3?!

Re: Verizon, I am not happy with the note 3 reception
SPOSTON
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my Note 3.

Daniel2424
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes i have same issue. This is my second note 3 and have same issue. I also replace my Sims card twice with no luck. I think this is just a hardware issue and no one wants to take the blame.

Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Who uses their Note 3 for calls?

Samsung Galaxy smart phones are great for so much---except for making calls. Its worse for call and sound quality.  Get use to it. 

But there are a few things you can do to improve drop calls, fading in and out, static and poor call quality. 

1)  Turn off all your bloatware applications that you are not using. Remove SIM card for a few minutes and then restart the phone. 

You can turn off these apps yourself thru the App Manager, or you can use a security app like CLEAN MASTER to identify which apps you can turn off without harming your phone and walk you thru the steps.  Steps are to a) Remove updates b) Turn Service Off c) Stop the Service.    If your phone is Rooted, well you know what to do. 

2)  At least once a month or so, remove your SIM card for at least 5 mins and replace to refresh network connectivity. 

3)  Monitor your downloaded apps that you install.  Certain apps with permissions can affect Network connectivity.  I have had the Epic, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4...these tricks will help with your calls. If it gets too bad, use your warranty and get another phone.  My experience is that every replacement I get from Verizon is crap, but my Assurion or Samsung replacements are great.  

4) After you have done all the above, Dont hesitate to change your SIM card every so often.  Pop into a Verizon store and get a new SIM Card or have them mail you one for free. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having service issues with your Note 3 DrDreams. This is an awesome phone and many customers are very successful with this device. Where are you located (zipcode)? Since our engineers escalated this issue through a trouble ticket, what was the outcome of the ticket? That information will help us decide on the next step toward resolving your concerns. I want to ensure your family can contact you at anytime. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kinquanah_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsuport

0 Likes
DrDreams
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the zip code 62901 and the outcome of the trouble ticket was that it was fixed but it really wasn't. No change occurred. I was in walmart last night and the call dropped 6 times. I could barely ask my family if there was anything else they needed. In my own dining room I lose reception. I've already done all the factory reset, changing the mode to CDMA/LTE rather than global, turned off the auto WiFi and even factory reset it again. 3 times till now. I even followed the advice posted above and it is just incredibly frustrating. My phone is non functional as a phone. I really love the device but the basic functionality is not there. Despite living in a well covered 4g area both out phones are always on "extended network"

The most frustrating thing is CONSISTENTLY not being able to reach my family and soon patients.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying device and SIM replacement, Daniel2424. Does the call quality seem to be lower in certain a certain zip code? Are the difficulties usually indoors or all around town too? Has a ticket been opened prior to one of the replacements being sent?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Daniel2424
Enthusiast - Level 1

The zip-code is 30043 and 30022. I had talk to tech support and he stated the area i was in had good reception. There has been a ticket open and a replacement phone has been sent. This will be my 3rd Note 3 phone. I had paid full retail for this phone and this is just weird. If i have replace phone that much it either a network issue or hardware issue. I think it a hardware issue and someone needs to take responsibly for the issue. Replace phones doesn't work and if i have the same issue with the phone i am about to received what does that tell you?

daddyof4

Hey we share the same 2 zip codes...lol

Not only Visual Voicemail. Everything sucks since this update. Phone is slow. Only picks up after power cycling, AND then only for a little while. Ridiculous.  I understand crap happens, but when you call and they make it seem as if this is the first time they are hearing of any such thing!!! It blows. One is supposed to be able to trust a company like Verizon. Now they are acting like some cut-rate phone company

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrDreams,

I want to make sure that you are getting the best service everywhere. When you are inside a building such as Wal-Mart it might be a little hard to get services to go through the building. How are your services outside of a building? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes