Visual Voice Mail VERY Slow since December 2020 Software Upgrade
Artie060

What used to be a great app has now become a very frustrating app. Since the Dec 2020 software update the VoiceMail app on my Samsung S20 is almost unusable. Is there anyway to remove the upgrade or is there a work around to fix this ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail VERY Slow since December 2020 Software Upgrade
Simon42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue but would say it's been like this for much longer than since last December. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Simon42

While it's great to know that you've been using Visual Voicemail, could you share a bit more about what exactly is slow with it? Do you have any issues when accessing your voicemail directly through *86 ?

0 Likes
Pickles64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Immediately after the latest update, when the icon also turned green (yuck), it is almost impossible to use visual voice-mail app to manage vms.   After clicking a message to play, delete, etc..there is an extended delay of at least 5 seconds before the button reacts to the command.  In attempting to delete vms I click (or swipe) a message to select it for deletion, the button hangs for a few seconds then the delete option will appear...I then select delete...and wait a few more seconds for the message to actually delete....this is maddeningly slooooowwwww. *86 seems to work as expected.  I'm on a 20G Ultra less than a year old.   I'm going to unsubscribe until this gets fixed.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to manage your Voicemail. We would be more than happy to assist you with finding a solution! Please send us a Private Note, so we can continue. 

0 Likes
jcarney619
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact issue on my S20 Ultra, started probably a month or two ago, after a recent software update.  (Perhaps Android 11 update).  Any action performed in the app has a serious lag / delayed response, which makes it very difficult to determine whether your button press/action actually did anything.  As examples:  click on the play button for a message.  Try to pause the playback by tapping pause.  No initial reaction, takes 2-3 seconds before it pauses.   Ex 2:  click on play, then try to tap the speaker button - again, 2-3+ second delay before it reacts.   Ex 3:  during playback, attempting to touch/drag the playback bar forward or reverse does not react.  Ex 4:  during playback or at end of playback, tap the delete button.  Several second delay.  Also looks like the button area is not focused properly on the delete icon, you actually have to tap slightly above the trash icon/button before it registers.

This has been reported many times here, as well as other online forums - clearly an issue, please look into it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to aid in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
NickMDal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Mine's been slow for over a year. I just upgraded to the latest Kyocera phone thinking it would go away. No different.

When I try to open the app, it just hangs for 5 or 10 minutes.  Messages often arrive hours late and sometimes a day or two after they're sent.  Seems to be a mess

0 Likes
nlarson467

I have the exact same issue and have been hoping that one of the many updates since the first of year would fix this. I have a S20+5G that is as described by others. You open the voicemail app and wait to be able to click on the play button, then wait for message to play, click on delete then wait. Every action in the voicemail app is delayed. Funny thing is I also have a S10 for work and it has none of these issues.

Has anyone found a solution other than customer no service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We definitely want to ensure your voicemail works as expected. Help is here. When did this begin? Do you have the latest updates for your phone? -Lorenzo

0 Likes