Visual Voicemail stopped working on Galaxy s10+
PSUHammer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this phone for about 2 years with no problems.  Still running strong.  Last weekend, I fired up my voicemail app and instead of listing all of my messages and when they were recieved (basic visual voicemail), it says I have a few message and to call my voicemail to access them.

Essentially, visual voicemail stopped working.  The phone is the latest Verizon release of software and all my apps are up to date.  I am using the green icon Samsung "Visual Voicemail" app which has worked for years.

If I log into the Verizon support site, it says my phone is "Not Supported" for visual voicemail which is obviously not true as I have been using it.

Tech support could not help me.  We tried resetting network settings or having them manually add the feature and no go.  So strange.  

Labels (1)
Re: Visual Voicemail stopped working on Galaxy s10+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PSUHammer, we always want to help in any way we can! So we can assist you, please send us a Private Note.*Jose

0 Likes
PSUHammer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind. I ended up calling into customer support a second time and the level 2 person fixed it in about 10 seconds. Apparently the first customer support person didn't know what they were doing.

TGT74656
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to share what they did, I tried working with Customer Support and after 40 minutes (with long delays in responses) I gave up.  I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra and my Visual Voicemail stopped working a few weeks ago.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to help you with your Visual Voicemail. We always want it to work for you. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Slacker127
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched phones from LG G7 to Galaxy S10+ and my voice mail went from voice to text. I turned it off expecting i'll get voice back but no luck. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having full access to your Visual Voicemail is important! Do you have the Visual Voicemail app? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes