Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Charlie770 wrote:

How to download Verizon's free visual voicemail app

The visual voicemail application will be pre-installed on Verizon Wireless branded phones. The application isn't available for download on unlocked unbranded phones. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Charlie770, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. The Voicemail feature is vital to have, so my goal today is to make sure you are able to use it. What model phone do you have?-Dia

0 Likes
MereAndFrik

I'm struggling with the same issue.  So if I understand you correctly Ann154, if my new unlocked phone doesn't specifically have "Verizon" imprinted on the back, I have no way to download or use visual voicemail?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Due to differing technologies, an unlocked device may experience limited functionality the network . What is the make and model of the phone, MereAndFrik?

-David

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MereAndFrik wrote:

I'm struggling with the same issue.  So if I understand you correctly Ann154, if my new unlocked phone doesn't specifically have "Verizon" imprinted on the back, I have no way to download or use visual voicemail?

Basically correct. Any smartphone not directly purchased from Verizon Wireless or isn't branded as a Verizon Wireless model won't be able to use the Visual Voicemail application from Verizon Wireless. For example, the Pixel phones don't use the Verizon Visual Voicemail application regardless if you purchased the phone from Verizon Wireless or not. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DONDEN92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is what I did to make Visual Voicemail work on my recently purchased unlocked Samsung Galaxy A52 5G:

Go to Settings>Apps>Voicemail>Storage>

Clear Data and also Clear Cache

This resets the app to factory setting.

Open Voicemail App.

You will be invited to setup (Basic) Visual Voicemail. 

Test the setup by leaving a voicemail on your phone

To access conventional voicemail going forward, you must use the phone keypad. Simply press and hold "1" and then enter your passcode when prompted.

Additional Tip:

To eliminate manually entering your passcode when using conventional voicemail, i.e  when you use the "press and hold 1" key, do the following.

Open the Phone App>... in right top corner of screen>settings>Voicemail Number

Change Voicemail Number to *86,,xxxx where xxxx is your passcode.  Your passcode will then be entered automatically next time you use conventional voicemail.

I hope you find this useful.

0 Likes