Voice Mail Error code 9009
deeleo

I just upgraded from Galaxy S6 to S7.  I keep getting an error code 9009 when I try to access my voice mail app.  I have tried the following and nothing has worked:

1. Factory reset

2.  Voicemail app- force stop- clear data

3. lastly, if asked, Apps > Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode -is currently turned off

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail Error code 9009
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you subscribed to the Visual Voicemail feature or just the basic Non-visual voicemail? Do you get the error message when you try to access voicemail on the wifi connection or the 4G LTE network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deeleo

Hi, I think its the basic non visual...the one where you can play your message in the app.  I just changed phones from an S6 to and S7...no change in plan or anything.  So Ive been just trying to set up my phone.  I have tried to setup with both wifi and 4G...neither with success.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic non-visual voicemail DOESN'T use the voicemail application to access the system. The basic visual voicemail that also free would use the application. The access the voicemail system for the basic non-visual voicemail, you long press the 1 key on the dialer application or dial *86. If you were using the application on the old phone, then maybe you had a visual voicemail instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deeleo

Ok thank you for the correction.  I was using the app on my old phone. I did not have to call in.  Currently the only way to get my voice mail is to call in using *86.  When I try to set up on the app, it gives me an error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to access your Voice Mail. Please clear you app data by going to Settings>Applications>Application Manager>find the Voicemail app>Clear Cache. Once this is done, power cycle your device and open your Voicemail app again.

MahrizaP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cwplath

I have done the "Clear Cache" and power cycle so many times and on one or two occasions, this cycle has worked. The other 98% of the time, however, it doe not. It has been over 8 months and the issue is still not resolved, even after receiving and installing a new sim card. It also results in my not receiving notifications that I've received a voicemail and my Inbox gets full without my knowing it. I'm surprised that there is no resolution for this other than the recommended cycle mentioned above, which is frustrating and time consuming especially when all I'm trying to do is access my visual voicemail. A real resolution to this, not just a Clear-Cache-cycle band-aid, would be very much appreciated. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It isn't very easy to keep up with all your life events without having access to voicemail, cwplath. That's a long time to have trouble with notifications. Let's take a closer look at this, as the steps that typically resolve this aren't working. Are you using a Samsung device as in this thread category, or are you using a different make/model?  

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
Gearjocky

I have a LG phone that does this once in a while.  When I go to the voicemail it says that it's unable to update at this time.  I hit the 3 small dots on the right of the screen and go to refresh which will start a buffering symbol.  I wait for a bit then turn my phone off and restart it and usually it tells me that it has been updated with time of day it updated.   The voicemail also appears which I can listen to.  I sure don't know what causes this but it sure can be a pain !!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can imagine it would be a pain to have to do this once in a while. Can you tell me if your power cycle your phone (on/off) at least 2 times a week? Have you checked for software updates? Please keep us updated. -Dolores

0 Likes