Voice to text
Crystalina23
Enthusiast - Level 1

My microphone icon for voice to text disappeared, how do I get it back?

Re: Voice to text
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have google enabled on your phone? I disabled mine because it was always using to much of the battery. If you have it enabled and still don't see the mic on your keyboard go into setting- language and input. Then go into virtual keyboard and make sure the google keyboard is the keyboard your phone is using.You should be able to get the mic back by going into the settings for the message app that you are using.

If this does not help check here

Lost My Talk To Text

bearone21
Legend

long push the button next to the space bar.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crystalina23, I completely understand the need of having access to your voice to text feature. It is very convenient way to text message others and I certainly like to use mine as well. I will be more than happy to make sure that you are on the right path to getting this icon to re-appear. What kind of device do you have? Did you do anything different on your device prior to this icon disappearing from your keyboard?

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes