Voicemail (VM) Notice over WiFi?
spoonman317
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way for the user to receive the VM over WiFi in case of no data/reception? Is that a feature I need to turn on?

Problem: While overseas I'll still use the phone but in airplane mode with WiFi antenna on. I can send/receive text over WiFi (Thank you Vz! This is awesome!) but cannot receive the VM.

If not, can Vz please consider permitting that feature just like texting? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail (VM) Notice over WiFi?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spoonman317, we hope that you have a safe trip overseas. It's important to us that you retrieve all of your voicemail messages while  you're away. However, you will need to connect to a wireless network to retrieve those messages. As a result, airplane mode must be disabled. Your other option would be to call your mobile number from a landline to retrieve your messages. For more information regarding voice mail, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spoonman317
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I call my VM overseas and not incur costs for the call?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spoonman317, it is very important to stay connected with your voicemail while traveling. During your travel, here are two options that will allow you to contact your voicemail.

1. Add an international plan that will allow you to use your phone. Click here for options: http://vz.to/1ZOQrQy

2. Use a local phone/calling card to call your phone and retrieve the voicemails. Using the appropriate country code, dial the 10-digit mobile phone number, and then press # to interrupt the greeting.

Please let us know if you have any adding questions for us regarding your upcoming trip. We are here to help.

KatrinaNN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes