Voicemail access and app
Scootermouse

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S9. It is Verizon branded using Page Plus cell service. I also have a Verizon home wireless phone. I'm actually having 2 problems.

1. When I dial my home phone from my Samsung I always get the message "All circuits are busy. Try again later."

2. When I try to open the Voicemail app on the Samsung it keeps saying "We're downloading Visual Voicemail to your phone. Try opening Visual Voicemail again in a few minutes" and I'm never able to get into it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail access and app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scootermouse, we want to ensure you can access your voicemail and call your home phone as needed. We just need some clarifying details. Have you ever set your calls to forward from your home phone to your cell phone? Do you have basic voicemail where you call *86 to check your voicemail or visual voicemail with your phone plan?

-Ebony

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scootermouse, we want to ensure you can access your voicemail and call your home phone as needed. We just need some clarifying details. Have you ever set your calls to forward from your home phone to your cell phone? Do you have basic voicemail where you call *86 to check your voicemail or visual voicemail with your phone plan?

-Ebony

0 Likes
Scootermouse

I haven't used call forwarding in over a year. I know thats not the problem because I was able access my home voicemail from my friends Galaxy S8.

Yes, I do have basic voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details. 

First, are you experiencing any problems calling your Home Phone number only? Also, have you ever been able to use your Visual Voicemail before? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes
selwonkj47

I have an s10 and voicemail stopped working Aug 1.  What do I do to get it back.   "cannot connect to voicemail"  is the message that I get.

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have basic voicemail where you call *86 to check your voicemail or visual voicemail with your phone plan?

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

@selwonkj47 wrote:

I have an s10 and voicemail stopped working Aug 1.  What do I do to get it back.   "cannot connect to voicemail"  is the message that I get.

selwokj47 are you on Wi-Fi trying to access your visual voice-mail? If so turn off wi-fi and Uninstall Visual Voice-mail restart phone and re-install Visual Voice-Mail  and see if it works then.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your Voicemail back up and running as I know the importance of having that access! Have you restarted the phone since this began? I would suggest also resetting the Cache and Data in the Visual Voicemail app via Settings > Apps> Voicemail> Storage.

-Yale

0 Likes