Voicemail not working properly
AARHAC95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having an issue since I changed my number a little over a year ago. When I dial *86 to access my voicemail, I'm prompted to put in my password and after doing so it brings me to the main menu. But whenever someone calls me, they get a message "this mailbox has not been set up yet". I tried to contact Verizon support about this issue and it still hasn't been fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not working properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AARHAC95, That is very strange that you are not able to get voicemails. Have you tried accessing your voicemail through the voicemail application? If so what happened? How did you normally access your voicemail before changing your number?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AARHAC95
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I open the Visual VM app, it pops up with my inbox, which always has zero messages because of my issue. Before I changed my number, I would also access it from the app.

bearone21
Legend

have you actually setup the vm for the new number??

AARHAC95
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I open the VM app or dial VM, it behaves normally. There is no "setup".

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AARHAC95 Thank you for the information. I want to make sure that we get this issue resolved for you. Please check your private message. We'd like to investigate for you.
EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes