Voicemail notification issues
ItrulyhateVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I used to receive a notification if I had a voicemail, now I get NOTHING.  My mailbox was full because I never even knew I had a message.  I'm using regular voicemail and it used to show an icon when I received a message, now nothing, must have been deleted by one of those helpful "upgrades" Verizon is always pushing down people's throats (why I never turn off my phone anymore, BTW).

Please tell me how to get this back.

Re: Voicemail notification issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're not getting notifications Itruly. I know how important this feature is for ensuring you receive your important messages. Select Apps>Settings>Sound> Messaging> Notifications. This setting will have a message that reads " Make sounds and show icon in status bar when you receive a message. Make sure it has a green check mark. You can go back to sound and also make sure notifications are on for calls. Please let me know if this is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ItrulyhateVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but I don't want a sound.  I just want an icon to appear, like it's always done.  Why did you do away with that?  I get far too many sounds, I just want something to see--preferably with the # of messages I have--not hear.

0 Likes
Re: Need help with Voicemail notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand Itruly. The setting is so that you also receive the notification, then you can change the sound to silent or vibrate so that you don't hear a tone when then notification comes through.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ItrulyhateVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

No.  This is not for messages, this is for ***voicemail***!  Doesn't anyone read the question?  I spent hours & hours & hours yesterday tweeting & DM-ing customer service because the rep never read my question  Evidently Verizon decided to "upgrade" my phone--without asking or telling me--to basic visual voicemail.  This caused my old voicemail notification to disappear.  I lost business because I had months of unknown voicemail & a full mailbox.  It was only after the rep did some "update" that the icon came back when a message was left.

This is wrong on SOOOO many levels:

1) Have your developers never heard the term "backwards compatibility"?  My old voicemail should never have broken because you changed my software without my knowledge.

2) You should NEVER change my phone without asking me!  As a software developer, I know it's hard to imagine that not every customer wants my upgrades that will make things easier, but they don't.  So ask, don't tell (or, in my case, not even tell).

3) Your rep said that it was MY responsibility to check your News page to see what "upgrades" are being foisted on me. Wrong!  It is YOUR responsibility to ask me--this should be a push request not a pull notification.

4) Because Verizon stopped its e-mail option, because your chat operators are always busy, because your phone wait times are always over 10 minutes, I was forced to communicate in 140-character chunks.  Tweets aren't for troubleshooting & they aren't for explaining--they're for short bursts of information.  To be interrupted every few minutes by a tweet/DM telling me to do something I'd already told them I'd done was painful.

Do you see why I truly hate Verizon?  They've screwed up my phone, lost me business, and told me I was at fault for not checking your website.  How would you feel about a company that did that to you?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure, but the Note 3 might default to the Basic Visual Voicemail option. You have to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask if this the case. If you want to keep it ask them how to use it. If not, ask them to reset your voicemail back to the Basic Voicemail option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ItrulyhateVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said in my original post, this was working fine for months, then, all of a sudden, it stopped working--evidently when Verizon "upgraded" my features.  I changed nothing, I did nothing, something Verizon did screwed up my phone.  As I also said, wait times for calling customer service are a joke--do you have 10+ minutes to hang around on hold?

No one from Verizon has yet addressed the fact that they expect their customers to check their website for any unwanted changes made to their phones.  This is a horrible, horrible policy and it's driving me to another carrier, even if I have to break my contract.