Voicemail push notification phone number not the same as the voicemail in the verizon app.
TMCKEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Voicemail push notification shows 2 phone numbers.  The phone number on the voicemail in the verizon app shows the 1st phone number in the push notification. I noticed this awhile ago. Today, I captured screen shots of two calls. 

The VM had no sound.  The next VM was regarding refinancing student loans.

I called the phone numbers both VM from a different phone.  Of course, it was disconnected or not answered.  Obviously a spoofed phone number.  The 2nd phone number for both calls is the same and goes directly to a VM for someone that wants to purchase my house.  I do get calls and texts from companies wanting to buy my house and I've told them repeatedly to remove me from thier list.  But they do not.  And the do not call list is a now a joke and completely useless.

BTW, both calls were robo calls (which are illegal).

Today, I got on the verizon app and did a chat. The guy on the chat only had me turn off the push notifications. Which basically sweeps it under the rug. It did NOT actually resolves the issue.  I attached the screenshots.  Maybe someone can provide a real solution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail push notification phone number not the same as the voicemail in the verizon app.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TMCKEN, robocalls are automated phone calls with prerecorded messages. These calls have increased in recent years because technology has made it cheap and easy for robocallers to make calls from anywhere in the world while hiding their identities by displaying fake Caller ID information. Based on the information you provided, this is occurring due to how the telemarketer is calling you.

We have an application that you can download called call Filter. This is a free option. However, you have the option to upgrade to the paid service. Call Filter, the free version of the service, offers spam detection, blocking, and reporting. To learn more visit http://spr.ly/66071ysyU

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail push notification phone number not the same as the voicemail in the verizon app.
TMCKEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call filter is active and had been. But it's been useless. The calls still come in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TMCKEN, We want to ensure that your Call Filter is working at its best. Can you please send us screen shot of your current Call Filter settings to ensure you have the options for this issue, activated? Also, here's a link to our Call Filter "How To" guide that provides more information in managing these type of calls: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes