What does the "Voice mail activities received" message mean?
Robert0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Note 4.

I am getting a message that says voicemail activities received.  And I get another notification that I have a voicemail.  The activities message comes sometimes hours after the voicemail has been deleted, listened to or received.  I do not want this message.  I have been getting it since the last forced update.

How do I make it stop?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice mail activities received, how to make it stop
SkibumPMC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the solution to Verizon Voicemail notification "Voice Mail Activities Received - Select to sign in"

The Scenario - You can still access your old normal voicemail, but you now get a separate and seemingly random voicemail notifications that indicate "Voice Mail Activities Received - Select to sign in."  The problem is, every time you try to sign in, you get the following error message…

Something Went Wrong

Sorry, we're having trouble setting up your service.  Please try again later.

If there is still a problem, please contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 and tell them the error code is 9009.

Apparently, Verizon is upgrading their BLOATWARE with Visual Voicemail so they are running 2 voicemail systems concurrently.  This explains why you can still access your old normal voicemail, but you still get the secondary notification, which never works. This probably affects any Android Verizon Phone, prior to 2016.  I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I just started having this problem about 6 weeks ago. Newer phones will most likely already have the new BLOATWARE already installed.

The SOLUTION….Call Verizon (800) 922-0204 and give them Error Code 9009

The Verizon Tech was able to walk me through the voicemail upgrade.  FYI, Verizon wants (hopes) that you’ll pay them to use the new service. The good news is, you can decline the service, although you still need to call them to execute the voicemail upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Robert0101,
That is an interesting issue to have. You would think that getting the VM notification would be enough to let you know there is a Voicemail waiting. Question for you, what software version do you have on your Note 4? When did this start happening? I did talk to a few co-workers who have the Note 4 and said that they had the same thing happen and never found an exact way to stop it. But, we will certainly take a closer look into this for you. Please let me know what software version you have. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
SkibumPMC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the solution to Verizon Voicemail notification "Voice Mail Activities Received - Select to sign in"

The Scenario - You can still access your old normal voicemail, but you now get a separate and seemingly random voicemail notifications that indicate "Voice Mail Activities Received - Select to sign in."  The problem is, every time you try to sign in, you get the following error message…

Something Went Wrong

Sorry, we're having trouble setting up your service.  Please try again later.

If there is still a problem, please contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 and tell them the error code is 9009.

Apparently, Verizon is upgrading their BLOATWARE with Visual Voicemail so they are running 2 voicemail systems concurrently.  This explains why you can still access your old normal voicemail, but you still get the secondary notification, which never works. This probably affects any Android Verizon Phone, prior to 2016.  I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I just started having this problem about 6 weeks ago. Newer phones will most likely already have the new BLOATWARE already installed.

The SOLUTION….Call Verizon (800) 922-0204 and give them Error Code 9009

The Verizon Tech was able to walk me through the voicemail upgrade.  FYI, Verizon wants (hopes) that you’ll pay them to use the new service. The good news is, you can decline the service, although you still need to call them to execute the voicemail upgrade.

0 Likes