What is the security update G955USQS1AQJA updating? Just received update about an hour ago.
CongoMatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update was pushed but had no details. Is this a krack patch? It would be nice to see any kind of info on the website. Why isn't anything posted at all?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the security update G955USQS1AQJA updating? Just received update about an hour ago.
JEFAUS90
Enthusiast - Level 1
Re: What is the security update G955USQS1AQJA updating? Just received update about an hour ago.
stef7
Master - Level 2

Maybe contact Samsung?

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

They have not updated the page for this up date yet. They have the one for 10-2-17 on there now. It will take them a few days to catch up since there are probably a lot of people who haven't gotten it yet since they roll these update out to so many at one time.I see where you checked with Samsung  and they probably will have it on there before Verizon.

APREDE22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Loaded last evening and now my wifi won't stick. That would be my home connection. Are you having this issue ?

stef7
Master - Level 2

Attempt a system cache wipe. Not an application wipe.

Google it, or search for the method in these forums as it's been addressed A LOT for Samsung devices.

CongoMatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wasn't on addressed on "A LOT" of sites when I posted the question or I wouldn't have asked the question. I did find some info on it yesterday on this site (https://www.androidsage.com/2017/10/28/verizon-galaxy-s8-plus-october-2017-security-update/). I would think that Verizon would have info about updates that they push before they push it though. Kind of ridiculous.

JEFAUS90
Enthusiast - Level 1
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm sorry if I mislead you. I meant in the Verizon Community Forums here, on a number of Samsung issues related to SW Updates, the solution to flaky behavior post-update is to Clear the System Cache.

Myself and others have recommended this so many times now, I've suggested it becomes an official Trouble-shooting solution as it is on other carrier sites.

Sometimes, OTA updates just end up causing some issues because not everyone's phones are customized in the same way. The updates are written as if the unit is pristine. Some new features may not line up well with old settings. Clearing the System Cache often fixes these issues.

When they don't the recommended action is to backup your important content and perform a Factory Data Reset...

charlesh7
Enthusiast - Level 3

This update includes the Krack security patch as well as the October security update.

CongoMatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh okay! Got it!