When is there going to be a fix for the terrible coverage cause by KitKat?
Dresden
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my Note 3 since release, and it wasn't until KitKat that my phone "mysteriously" started dropping calls left and right.  I've done everything that has been recommended:  factory reset, new sim card, etc...  Months have gone by since the update, hundreds of topics made, and Verizon just sits there with their thumbs where the sun doesn't shine.  The coverage issues cause by the update are UNACCEPTABLE!  DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! 

I'm going to let T-Mobile buy out my contract pretty soon since the only reason I'm with Verizon is the better coverage that I'm not even getting anymore. 

Re: When is there going to be a fix for the terrible coverage cause by KitKat?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no need to consider another wireless carrier Dresden! We are committed to your wireles happiness and we want to showcase this to you today. What zip code are you in? Also, can I assume that there isn't any liquid/physical damage on the device? We want to ensure that we do a deep dive on this issue to get to a resolution.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

toppsct

I am experiencing basically the same problems with my S$. Starting to think it's either a bad phone (Feb 2014) or a Samsung issue. I basically need to be around a tower in the open to get a decent signal. I took it to the local Verizon store and they removed some programs. That didn't work. They switched out the sim card last night and again I am sitting here in my office without any signal. When I do get a signal, it only last about 30 seconds. Other Verizon phones worked around me, even Sprint and AT&T phones (believe it or not) are working but not mine. Have to keep it plugged in because it's constantly searching for a signal which is draining the battery. I had a Iphone 5 before this piece of **** and I regret giving my Iphone away.

Is this a software issue or is it a bad phone? Thank God, I don't do much talking on it because the calls continue to drop.

0 Likes
Dresden
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in the zip code 85083.  Never had a single issue in that area until the "upgrade".  There's no water damage or damage of any kind to my phone.  I treat it like the $700 minicomputer that it is.  I have the same issues with all the phones on my plan (Three Note 3's and a S5).

I've seen the same topic on this hundreds of times on this forums.  When are you guys going to stop wasting time with lip service and actually do something about it?

0 Likes
Dresden
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still waiting for a reply.  Is this all Verizon support has amounted to - one reply of lip service, and no issue resolution?  You're making this too easy for me to drop you guys.

I encourage everyone else who is having the same issues as me:  Go to TMobile and let them buy you out of your contract.  If you're like me, you're only a Verizon customer because of their coverage (lord knows you're not a customer because of their pricing and customer service).  But since we aren't getting the coverage they used to provide, I guess there's no reason to stick around.  Speak with your wallets, folks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dresden We surely don't want you to leave us. Our goal is to make sure you have a reliable device and service. Please share more details about the issue since the update. What zip code are you located in?

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dresden
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I could fire you, I would.  READ!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Dresden,

Let's get to the bottom of this! I apologize for inconvenience. Are the dropped calls only while inside your home? Is everything ok with data? Do you know of others having dropped calls as well that have VZW?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Riotfunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had similar issues with my note 2. Verizon said it was a hardware issue, so I had to buy a new phone outright to keep data. Bought a note 3. Terrible data and call coverage and strength. Wifes iphone 5 is 4 times faster per speedtest. Wanted to keep my unlimited data plan so had to buy note 3 outright. Talked to a tech rep a few days ago who told me its an issue with android 4.4.2 and verizons network, A KNOWN ISSUE. Meaning verizon is aware and are ignoring it. Told me that the update is supposed to be released end of September, Octoberish. knowing verizon that means Q1 2015. I tried new Sim. Didnt help, master reset same. Drop all the time. So Ive spent 700 plus bucks on a phone that has **** poor service in the middle of a 4g area and even at the store where Im standing next to the repeater. *** I want a new phone, not a refurb. Zip 01201

Riotfunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

PRL is 15319. Doesnt update or change despite restore restart, new sim or pulling sim and battery for over 10 min. Again its an issue in the software. I would like a Htc one M8 windows phone for my troubles though.

0 Likes