Where is the "send premium sms" setting in marshmallow / 6.0.1 ?
lawrencewalters

I accidentally answered the "allow send premium sms" question in Samsung Messages app with "never allow", and now I can't send SMS to short codes. I can't find the setting to change it back to "always allow". It seems that before marshmallow update, it was in Settings -> Apps -> Messages -> permissions? or something like that? That clearly does not exist now under Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager -> Messages -> Permissions. Any ideas where this is?

Fyi, I've also tried resetting all app preferences to default, and that does not resolve this.

0 Likes
Re: Where is the "send premium sms" setting in marshmallow / 6.0.1 ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to receive all your messages because we know how important it is for everyone to get in touch with you at all times. Go into your actual messaging application>more you will find the seeting there.

0 Likes
lawrencewalters

Sorry, not to be a [removed], but this is a terrible answer. You didn't actually read my question (I specified my "actual messaging application" as Samsung Messages). Under the "more" menu, this option does not exist. Any other ideas?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lawrencewalters,

I want to make sure that we get you back to sending those message again. Are you only having issues with a particular premium SMS number? What error code are you receiving?

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dmcpilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

So much for "Customer Support"...

Here's the real answer...in the Message Service app that controls SMS on the phone, the current version that we have, 1.0.75 removes the option to select/deselect Premium texts.  There's another version that appears to be on other carriers' version, v.1.0.90, that brings the option back. 

Guess we'll have to wait unless VZW has another fix.