Why Am I Having Problems Downloading Emails On Galaxy Note 7?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I wasn't sure in which forum to post despite searching through, so, Note 7 gets it Smiley Happy.  I just upgraded and so far so good, however, one issue still persists that I also had with the Note 4 but ignored as a system issue.

I set up the e-mail account for my Verizon e-mail and e-mail is coming through, however, for about half the e-mails that come in, only the address header information is displayed and I get a "Load More" button that displays on the screen.  When I hit the button, it either starts to process but then, after about 3 minutes, it stops processing without displaying the e-mail but bringing the "Load More" button back up, or never processes at all.  Going to the regular webmail I can see the entire e-mail message so it has to be a phone/app setting issue.

I've tried removing and re-adding the account, tried to find anything in any settings, whether phone settings or e-mail account settings to ask it to download the entire e-mail upon arrival, without any luck.

I can go into the webmail area of course but it sort of defeats the purpose of having the quick, convenient, e-mail account configured.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-Mail Download
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I was finally able to take a few minutes to address the problem again Smiley Happy.  In trying to locate the app to load another e-mail address, I believe I stumbled on the solution.  So, for anyone having the same issue, on the main inbox screen that comes up, go over to the right and click on the vertical dots; select Settings.  Once in Settings, select the e-mail address in the accounts listing.   Go down to sync settings and look at the two headers, Limit Retrieval Size and Limit Retrieval Size While Roaming.  If you click on those, retrieval sizes will come up; the default seems to be 20 KB.  Any message larger than the retrieval size setting will bring up that "Load More" button when you go to view the e-mail but will never completely download if the retrieval size isn't large enough.

Playing with it, nothing that brought up the Load More button would successfully load unless the setting was set to No Limit, even if the message information indicated it was 20KB, 30KB etc (I checked the header and size info on my desktop access).

AndreaS..I appreciate the help and attention Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tk3765, I understand how important it is for all features to work properly on your phone. You’ve reached the right place for help and getting to the bottom of your email header situation is our goal today. May we have the software version that is listed in your phone? From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > About phone (System section). Then what is in the build number column? Also another thing we want to check is the memory space in the device. I know it’s a new phone so not much may be used but can you check this out for us and let us know the outcome: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205955/ 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Software version (Android):  6.0.1 with security patch update dated 1 August 2016.

Build number:  MMB29M.N930VVRS2APHE

Memory available is 47.95 GB

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate this information, tk3765. I do see you are up to date. Are you using the default email application on your device? If you try a different email app, do you experience the same issue with the load more option?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I was finally able to take a few minutes to address the problem again Smiley Happy.  In trying to locate the app to load another e-mail address, I believe I stumbled on the solution.  So, for anyone having the same issue, on the main inbox screen that comes up, go over to the right and click on the vertical dots; select Settings.  Once in Settings, select the e-mail address in the accounts listing.   Go down to sync settings and look at the two headers, Limit Retrieval Size and Limit Retrieval Size While Roaming.  If you click on those, retrieval sizes will come up; the default seems to be 20 KB.  Any message larger than the retrieval size setting will bring up that "Load More" button when you go to view the e-mail but will never completely download if the retrieval size isn't large enough.

Playing with it, nothing that brought up the Load More button would successfully load unless the setting was set to No Limit, even if the message information indicated it was 20KB, 30KB etc (I checked the header and size info on my desktop access).

AndreaS..I appreciate the help and attention Smiley Happy

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Mine is set to 1MB limit & rarely shows that button.

0 Likes
jacobv_vzw
Verizon Employee

tk3765 - You're welcome. I am glad to hear the email issue you were having is now resolved. I was also having the issue you were having and got it fixed. The Note 7 is an amazing device. There is so much you can do with it. Check out this handy guide that will help you discover everything you can do with your new device. http://bit.ly/2cWl5FS

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes