Why Does Jelly Bean Stop Automatic Sync?
The_Pighee

When my phone was upgraded it stopped automatic syncing.  Had to do a total reboot and lost everything.  Now after about four weeks the phone stopped automatic syncing again.  I do not want to waste hours doing another hard reboot only to encounter the same problem again.  I see on the Web that this is starting to be a Jelly Bean problem on the Nexus.  Appears to me this needs a software fix from Google.  Anyone know if this will happen or is there another solution.

0 Likes
Re: Why Does Jelly Bean Stop Automatic Sync?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time is valuable The.Pighee, so I understand why a reset is one of the last things you'd like to do. Let's start by going to Settings > Data Usage > Menu > turn on Auto-sync data and then power cycle the phone. I have come across this option being turned off on multiple occasions where you can still access all of your data services and manually sync, but the automatic syncing stops.

If this doesn't help, please let me know what kind of services have stopped syncing. What type of email (Google, yahoo, exchange, etc) has stopped syncing? Do you have any Battery Saver or Task Killer applications? Does it sync when you try to manually sync?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
The_Pighee

Thank you very much.  Your suggestion worked!  Now I do have one more question.  When my phone boots up, sometimes it says “Google” for a few seconds, then shows the “X” and then goes to my home screen in a few seconds more.  Other times it says “Google” for a few MINUTES, and then goes to the “X” screen and stays there for a while and then goes to the home screen.  It seems the phone works OK  no matter how, or how long it takes to boot up.  I am curious as to why such a difference with Jelly Bean.  Hopefully you can explain as the boot with Ice Cream Sandwich was always exactly the same each time.   Thank you in advance.

Joel

Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:14 AM

To: <Personal information removed for privacy>

Subject: Re: Why Does Jelly Bean Stop Automatic Sync? - Re: Why Does Jelly Bean Stop Automatic Sync?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - View the full discussion

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear that, ThePighee! In regards to the startup screen changes, this is probably a better question for Google. I would assume that this is something that is embedded in the software itself. Have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes