Why Does My Note 4 Keep Resetting Itself?
GLOMA99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the phone for a little over a year and my reset button itself twice. I am just sooo frustrated. I wanna change to another phone, but I have to paid off the balance before I could change to another phone.

0 Likes
Re: Why Does My Note 4 Keep Resetting Itself?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GLOMA99,

The Note 4 is a great device (I have one as well), but let's get more information to best help with yours. A phone resetting, especially only twice over such a long time, doesn't always mean the phone is broken. For example, if it was several times a day, that would be where we'd want to look into replacement options. Do you recall what happens on the phone before this occurs? How is the phone afterwards?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why Does My Note 4 Keep Resetting Itself?
GLOMA99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

The first time happen was only a few months after I got my phone. The second one just happened two weeks ago.

Before it occur, I was just having my phone sitting right next to me. All of the suddenly, it vibrated and the green icon popped up and said updating. And after the phone reset, it is just like when you just bought it from a store; I just had to re-sign in and reinstall everything.

Most of my friends have Note 4 but they don't have such problem. I suspect mine is a defect which was bought from one of Verizon store.

I had gone to one of the Verizon stores after the first reset. They said to monitor it... what did I know, I just continued to monitor... The second time happened?! This is it. It is time to look for another phone which is more reliable. I just paid off my Samsang phone so that I could "upgrade" to another phone just to let you know.

My frustration is everything was wiped out and I had to reinstall everything. I just don't understand why a phone just reset to manufacture by itself. If the phone were to reset to manufacture several times a day, I would have thrown this phone away already, wouldn't you? Phone reset by itself is definitely a problem, regardless whether it ONLY happened once or twice within 2 years. I personally found this "doesn't mean the phone is broken" a little outrageous. And I bought the phone on 8/15/15. Is phone resetting twice in 1 1/2 year such a long time? To me, even one reset is not acceptable.

Just imagine you lost EVERYTHING in your phone. Then you would know what I am talking about.

0 Likes