Why Is The Selfie Mode Broken On My Device?
ALIHAB74

The selfie mode on my S7 has a pink line and a black line and a distorted ridge that is on the screen of the selfie mode and shows up in every picture. I have tried restarting, I have tried settings and clearing cache and date , I have tried rebooting and clearing cache, but it will not go away. The regular facing camera does not have this problem, and the problem is across all my apps that use the camera, in selfie mode they have the exact same diagonal pink line and black line and this ridge line. I have had the phone for less than two weeks so I am considering just exchanging and trying my luck with a different one. I also do not want to be told I have to factory reset this as a solution bc my old phone is gone and I already transferred everything to this new one, if I have to factory reset I will lose everything. Plus I am dispappointed that I supposedly upgraded from s6 to s7 and the camera is worse and I do not see any benefit to the upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: Why Is The Selfie Mode Broken On My Device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the camera is one of the most important features on your phone ALIHAB74. I'm sorry you're having issues with lines going through the screen. This is not the experience we want you to have. Thanks for performing those trouble-shooting steps. I'm sorry it didn't fix your issue. Additionally, performing a factory reset will not lose your data if you back it up to the cloud. Here is a link to help with the back up.

In regards to your issue, do you have any 3rd party picture or camera apps you downloaded to your phone? If so, I would try removing them temporarily to see if they are causing an issue.  Is there any physical or water damage to the phone?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes