Why Was I Never Told About The Rebate For My "Free" Phone?
Ktburton

We were given the same bait and switch deal, went ahead and got the new line for my son. Today I realized, looking closely at my bill,  that they have been charging me for the "free" phone for over a year. I called and told Verizon the issue. I was told I was supposed to apply for a rebate, but it was too late because it expired after 30 days. We were NEVER told that we had to apply for a rebate by ANYONE. Then I'm told that because i paid the bill, on time, every month, that it meant I agreed with the charge and that there wasn't anything they could do. That's it, that's all. They robbed us of $800 and don't care one bit.   We've been with then about 15 years and this is what we get in return? This is how they treat us? They robbed us.  This is not the end of it.  We will try again and,  if they don't give us our money back,  I will take it to the attorney general, the Better Business Bureau and the federal entities associated with telecommunications to resolve it.  Wow.  I thought I was dealing with a company I could trust. If we don't get our money back, I will be canceling one account right away and the other two as the contracts expire. Wow. Verizon ought to be ashamed.

0 Likes
Re: Why Was I Never Told About  The Rebate For My "Free" Phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another reason why you should always review your bills each month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why Was I Never Told About The Rebate For My "Free" Phone?
Ktburton

Yeah, well, Verizon representatives should represent their offers with

truth--not sneaky, deceiving practices. Verizon should be willing to make

good a mistake on our part - and their's for not telling us. We

faithfully pay our bill every month. WE WILL BE LEAVING VERIZON AFTER 10+

YEARS, never to return. Verizon could make good with giving us our $800

back and they would continue to make about $3,000 a year off of us. Three

accounts are leaving. And we will certainly let all our friends and

family know how you treat loyal customers. Bub-bye.

Ann154 created the

discussion

"Why Was I Never Told About  The Rebate For My "Free" Phone?"

To view the discussion, visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1545607#1545607

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the highest level of support and we want to help you stay. I apologize for the experience that you have had. I would love the opportunity to take a closer look at the original offer. I have sent you a Direct Message and will look forward to your reply!

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ktburton wrote:

WE WILL BE LEAVING VERIZON AFTER 10+

YEARS, never to return. Verizon could make good with giving us our $800

back and they would continue to make about $3,000 a year off of us. Three

accounts are leaving. And we will certainly let all our friends and

family know how you treat loyal customers. Bub-bye.

Be sure to read your bills at the new provider because they have the same policy of not refunding over a year's worth of payments.