Why Won't False Text Notifications Go Away On Galaxy Note 5?
Maloneous

My Verizon Message+ app has been displaying a 3 unread text notification on all it's icons now for about a month. Very frustrating. Tried clearing the cache on the app also force stop as well. Of course restarted the phone many times. Checked all conversation threads for unread messages..... Still can't get it to go away!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: False Text Notifications that won't go away! (Note5)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maloneous, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be to believe you have messages and there is nothing showing. I know it would start to get to me too. I see you have taken some troubleshooting steps already. I was wanting to ask if you have tried to remove the Verizon Message+ feature from the phone and replace it?
VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maloneous, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be to believe you have messages and there is nothing showing. I know it would start to get to me too. I see you have taken some troubleshooting steps already. I was wanting to ask if you have tried to remove the Verizon Message+ feature from the phone and replace it?
VeronicaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mis_rachael

I am experiencing the same problem!!! I was told by verizon to do a hard restart...which I did and still get the phantom text icon! this is very fustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mis_rachael

I can only imagine the frustration with receiving the invalid text notifications. I would love to help.

Are you experiencing this problem on your Samsung Galaxy Note5 device as well? Are you using the Verizon Messages texting application as well? If so, have you tried the step Veronica recommended? Please keep me posted so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes