Why Won't My Galaxy S7 Recognize My Old SD Card?
smitmack

I just activated my Galaxy S7. I installed the SD card I had in my S5 and it's not showing up. Is there something I need to do other than just plug it in?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 doesn't recognize SD card
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The card needs to be formatted for the S7.  Copy the info from the SD card to your computer for safekeeping.  When you format the card for the S7 it will erase everything. 

Put the card into the S7 and go to Settings>Storage.  See if there is an option to format the SD card.  Once it's formatted and has folders placed by the S7, you can transfer the files from your copy on your computer into the appropriate folders on the newly formatted card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 doesn't recognize SD card
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The card needs to be formatted for the S7.  Copy the info from the SD card to your computer for safekeeping.  When you format the card for the S7 it will erase everything. 

Put the card into the S7 and go to Settings>Storage.  See if there is an option to format the SD card.  Once it's formatted and has folders placed by the S7, you can transfer the files from your copy on your computer into the appropriate folders on the newly formatted card.

0 Likes