Why Won't Pictures Attach To Texts?
CHEFANTHONY
Enthusiast - Level 2

When using Verizon Messages, when I hit the plus sign, I can attach pictures from the gallery or other sources, but not from "image search".  It has worked ever since I bought my S7, and worked fine on my S5, but now it won't work.  I've tried to restart the phone. I restored Verizon Messages to it's original version, and it worked for a short while but now doesn't work anymore.  I've even tried wiping the cache partition.  Any reason why this (very cool and useful) feature won't work?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pictures from image search in verizon messages not attaching to texts
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you tap the plus sign, choose Media Search.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CHEFANTHONY

I, too, like using the Verizon Messages application so that I can customize text messages I send to friends and family. I see you’re experiencing problems with utilizing the “image search” option within the application. I would like to help.

Please tell me exactly what happens when you tap on the “image search” option. Do you get an error message? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CHEFANTHONY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, @AnthonyTa_VZW, and thanks for your reply!  First off, I have a Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1

Here's what happens.  When I hit the plus sign, then hit gallery, then image search, I can search for images, select one, click attach, but then when I click "done" in the photo editor, it simply won't attach the image.   It simply goes back to the text message as if I never did anything.  Thanks for any help you can give!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHEFANTHONY,

I appreciate those details. I do have one more question that I need clarified. Does this issue happen with every image you try and attach? I do know that some images are subject to copyright when using the image search and others may be too large to be attached and may require being resized. If it is happening with every image, please go into Settings>Apps>Application Manager>Message+>click on Force Stop>then Storage>Clear Cache. Retry attaching an image and let us know if the behavior still persists.

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CHEFANTHONY
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AnthonyTa_VZW   Yes - it happens with every image.  I had already tried to delete the cache, and even the data, to no avail. Is there a way to actually uninstall the app and reinstall it without rooting the phone?  Can I avoid a hard reset of the phone?  Like I said in my original post, I uninstalled all updates on the phone and took it back to its original version, and it worked for a while, but then stopped working again - I'm assuming it updated to the latest version at some point.  Maybe there's a bug in the latest update that's messing with my platform.  I can't believe nobody else hasn't reported this problem yet. Next idea?  This is frustrating to say the least!  Thanks so much so far!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

CHEFANTHONY wrote:

@AnthonyTa_VZW Yes - it happens with every image. ... I can't believe nobody else hasn't reported this problem yet. Next idea? This is frustrating to say the least! Thanks so much so far!

I don't use the Image Search to attach pics to text messages - maybe others don't either which is why nobody has reported it?  The pics I attach are typically ones I have taken, or that I have saved to my Gallery.  I'd never even explored the Image Search option but it appears to be a Google internet search.  Personally?  I'd find and save the image to my gallery and then send it from there ... especially if the search isn't functioning.  How often are you texting, and doing a google search for images to attach?  Or am I missing how this is used?

Maybe I just work differently than others, but I tend to go to the image first, and then create the text message from the image. It just seems easier than trying to find it once I have the text composed.

0 Likes
CHEFANTHONY
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, no - I believe the image search function is integrated in the Messages+ app, perhaps with Google or without, but none of that matters.  What matters is that it's worked for years, first with my S5, and now with my S7, and now it doesn't.  I'm not going to give up on this,  I've used this (EXTREMELY useful and convenient) feature for so long that I firmly believe it's probably just a bug or glitch in the latest app update.... Have you not tried it?  If you can make it work, you'll see why it's such a valuable feature.  You can search for images or GIFs easily and attach them quickly with only a couple of clicks.  Hopefully now with an active thread I can get the Verizon developers to take notice and provide a solution.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I will give it a try, since you are so enthusiastic about it.  It's just that I have not seen a need for it in my normal usage, and I'm not sure when I would use it.  As I said, I typically go to the image I want to send, and do it from that perspective, rather than create the message first and then attach an image.  I'm willing to learn a new trick, though!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHEFANTHONY, it is certainly concerning to hear that you are experiencing these issues with the image search. Just to be absolutely sure, this feature has not worked since attempting to do this on your S7? Is the software updated to the most recent available software version for Verizon Messages?

HarleyE_VZW

0 Likes
CHEFANTHONY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok - to give you an idea of how it works and why it's cool....  I'm texting my girlfriend, who is at the store, and I ask her to get something for me.  She has no clue what I'm talking about.  With the image search function. I can literally look up almost any image, like say a certain brand of shaving cream.  I can quickly type in what I'm looking for, and several images show up.  i can select one and attach it to the text, and viola!  She knows exactly what to look for.  Also, you can attach funny pics or GIFs as text responses, which makes texting way more entertaining.