Why can't my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 play music via my car bluetooth?
TAKALEWSKI

My Note 8 will not play media via Bluetooth in my Lexus CT200H.  I am connected via Bluetooth for phone calls, but I am not allowed to activate the media option.  It worked fine with my Samsung Galaxy 7Edge.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 play music via my car bluetooth?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAKALEWSKI-

I know that I love to jam to my tunes via my car's Bluetooth, so let's figure this out together. What happens when you try to activate the media option? Are you receiving any error messages?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TAKALEWSKI

I receive an error message:

Bluetooth connection failed.

Please verify the portable player settings.

This is the only phone that won't connect via Bluetooth so that I can listen to Pandora or Amazon Music.  I didn't have this problem with Note 3, Note 7 or S7Edge.  I can receive phone calls.  And the phone will send auto-replies if a text is received while I'm driving .... which tells me that the phone is connected via Bluetooth (?)

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes, you are connected via Bluetooth, but to only the Call Audio portion of the BT profile. You aren't connecting to the Media audio portion.

I don't drive a Lexus. If you unpair, and then attempt to repair, do you have an option "Phone Only" vs. "Int Audio" (the latter being internal audio)?  It's the latter setting you need to use, to have it connect to the Media audio portion of the profile.

There are YouTube videos on how to do this.Normally, pairing with a BT device in an auto is a bit of a challenge until you have successfully done it. From the videos, on this Lexus, you have A LOT of options and steps. If it's presenting a challenge, perhaps your adolescent (they never seem to need to read any manual) or your friendly dealership would help you.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAKALEWSKI,

We want to make sure you're cruising and listening to tunes in style. Are other bluetooth headsets and devices able to connect to your phone aside from the Bluetooth in your car?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TAKALEWSKI

Yes,  I'm able to connect Bluetooth headphones to the phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAKALEWSKI We appreciate those details. I want to make sure you get the assistance that you need. I would highly recommend contacting a Lexus dealership for additional information.
Based on the information you provided your device Bluetooth connection is working. You can connect your device Bluetooth to other devices. Please visit the Lexus page http://bit.ly/2wUXf8B follow steps to check compatibility. Please let us know if this helps.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

The other option is to go to a Verizon store; one not in a mall setting.  The associates tend to be able to help with the bluetooth connections.

0 Likes