Why does my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 keep rebooting?
haroldnikki
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my Note 4 around 3 weeks ago. I've been having constant reboot issues since the first couple of days. I took it to the Verizon store I bought it at and was told "if it's only happened a couple of times that's ok" and to wait a few to see if it happens again.

It is sporadic and doesn't happen when a specific thing is going on. I can literally pull it out of my pocket and it resets. I can just sit it down on the desk gently and it resets. Got a phone call the other day and it reset. So it's not a specific app or activity causing it that I can pinpoint.

I have read that you can remove the SD card to see if the issue persists or do a factory reset. I've done both and now I am curious what my next option is? Will Verizon replace my phone or charge me to replace it? It's not damaged just defective.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Rebooting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haroldnikki,

Sorry to see that the Note 4 has been rebooting on you like that. The phones come with a standard 1 year warranty and can be replaced if there has been no damage. You wrote that you completed a factory reset. This leans me in the direction of hardware rather than software. How long after the factory reset did the trouble return? Was it right away? With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release. Touch and hold Power off until the Restart in Safe Mode prompt appears then release. Tap Turn On Safe Mode. Upon restart, Safe Mode appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen. Does the problem persist in Safe Mode?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haroldnikki,

Sorry to see that the Note 4 has been rebooting on you like that. The phones come with a standard 1 year warranty and can be replaced if there has been no damage. You wrote that you completed a factory reset. This leans me in the direction of hardware rather than software. How long after the factory reset did the trouble return? Was it right away? With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release. Touch and hold Power off until the Restart in Safe Mode prompt appears then release. Tap Turn On Safe Mode. Upon restart, Safe Mode appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen. Does the problem persist in Safe Mode?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
haroldnikki
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was a day or so after the factory reset that it continued to happen. I have no tried safe mode. What are my restrictions in safe mode? I ask because this happens so sporadically and infrequently that I never know when it is going to happen. The problem with that is I don't wanna have a crippled phone while I wait and hope for it to restart again. Smiley Sad I'd just rather go in and get a new phone but my local store didn't seem to eager to want to replace it for me so I am a bit frustrated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, haroldnikki. Safe Mode temporarily disables all but preloaded applications and settings to see if the device can function accurately. It's basically for testing purposes. But, since you've already performed a factory reset, Safe Mode won't be necessary. Has the device been physically damaged? Has it been exposed to or immersed in any fluids?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes