Why does my comcast email not sync on Samsung S7 email app when connected to my home comcast (xfinity) network but will sync when connected to xfinity hotspot or other network?
Tkammerd

Hi,

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 (running Android 6.0.1). I set up the default Samsung email app up with my comcast email addresses. However, when I am connected to my home xfinity (comcast) network, emails will not sync. I receive an error "imap.comcast.net server is not responding". I have tried multiple variations on security and port entries to no avail. I even tried going back to POP3 but still received server not responding message.

When I connect to the xfinity hotspot accessible in my home or am connected to the wifi netork at my office, emails sync with no problem.

Is there some setting on the home network that is preventing communication? Something different between xfinity hotspot and home network?

One other thing, I can't confirm it, but email sync MIGHT have been working before a system upgrade on the phone occurred on 9/9/2016. In any case, it does not work now.

FYI...my old Galaxy S3 has no problems with the email syncing.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tom

0 Likes
Re: Why does my comcast email not sync on Samsung S7 email app when connected to my home comcast (xfinity) network but will sync when connected to xfinity hotspot or other network?
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

You don't need an app to set  up your comcast email. On your phone, go to the my.xfinity website and log into your email account there. Once your email is open save the site to your home page. See if everything syncs OK then.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my comcast email not sync on Samsung S7 email app when connected to my home comcast (xfinity) network but will sync when connected to xfinity hotspot or other network?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Samsung e-mail app can be squirrelly.  You might try removing the e-mail account and then adding it back.  Or you might want to try using Comcast's e-mail app:

XFINITY Connect - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emails are still one of the most popular forms of electronic communications Tkammerd. As a avid email user, I can empathize with your need to stay connected to your emails constantly. Let's work together to resolve your email delivery concerns over your home wifi. Let's compare your home wifi experience with a public wifi experience. What happens when you connect to a public wifi and try to sync your emails? Also, does your home wifi network have a special security protocol? For example, is the security WPA, WPA2, WEP, etc?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes