Why is my 4g signal indicator white not blue?
hopefindley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my new galaxy note 3 and my 4g indicator and bar strength is white not blue like it was on my old droid.  Is something wrong?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my 4g signal indicator white not blue?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, there isn't anything wrong.  All-white icons in the notification bar are a 'feature' of the KitKat operating system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, there isn't anything wrong.  All-white icons in the notification bar are a 'feature' of the KitKat operating system.

0 Likes
hopefindley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're correct to " the word "feature" KitKat sucks. They removed color and any visually pleasing elements from everything. I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to get JellyBean back. KitKat is ass plain and simple

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't necessarily a "feature". It is a design standard set by Google for the Android OS starting with version KitKat 4.4 and higher.

FWIW the white is a heckuva lot easier to read and see then the blue was in ICS and Jelly Bean.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

FWIW the white is a heckuva lot easier to read and see then the blue was in ICS and Jelly Bean.

Which is exactly why they did that. By the way if you go to setting and check under Network the bars there are blue.

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally disagree. And my phone now seems to hate 4G. I've always had 4G almost everywhere I go. Now I'm lucky if I see 4G once a day. They really broke something

Additionally it drops calls continually. Whenever someone calls me now it takes 2 or 3 attempts before the call isn't dropped immediately after answering. KitKat has taken what was a very reliable functional device 3 days ago and turned it into a totally useless piece of crap.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Codewize,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your 4G connection and calls after the software update. Have you tried to remove and reinsert your SIM card to see if service improves? http://vz.to/1taLpiO Do your calls drop only when you are a specific area or everywhere?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

NO I haven't tried to remove the SIM. I wasn't aware of an easy way to do that on the Razr MAXX, which was one of my first complaints about the phone.

Basically when they designed this device, they took away everything that differentiated the Motorola / Droid devices form the iPhone. I feel as time goes on the Verizon handsets get worse and worse with regards to user friendliness and functionality.

With the sealed back how does one remove the SIM from the device

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd also like to share my other frustrations with you while I have your ear

No swype

No programmable screen unlock options

No screen access to silence and sound

Text messages not distinguished on a terrible white background

Dropped calls

Very poor access to 4G

Seriously, what are these people thinking. As mentioned previously, just about everything that made Android superior is being removed one piece at a time

0 Likes