Why is my Samsung S7 constantly dropping calls, even with a good signal?
Amy2806

I am on the phone many hours of the day for work, and I am constantly dropping calls. This can be happening as soon as I answer a call, or as late as 45 minutes into a call. I have never had this issue before, and the signal strength is strong. Today alone I have lost 7 calls. There also have been times when I answer a call, and there is no sound. I have even tried disabling the advanced calling feature to see if that would work, but to no avail.

I love all of the features of this phone, but if I do not find a solution for the dropped calls, I will have to take it back and get a different phone.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my Samsung S7 constantly dropping calls, even with a good signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amy2806,

Having an ongoing issue such as you are having with dropping and not being able to answer  calls definitely does not seem like a good situation. I would love to take a deeper look at you line to check into the features. I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond back to my Private Message so we can investigate further. 

Lindsey_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Advanced Calling feature enabled or not on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Amy2806

I had already disabled that function prior to writing for help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then disabling didn't help? I would try a new SIM card next.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Amy2806

That is my next move. Thanks

0 Likes
Amy2806

Ok, I am now on my 3rd NEW Samsung Galaxy 7, and 4th sim card. Still cannot answer calls without phone hanging up, and that is if the call makes it to ring more than 2 times. I have the ability to be online and call out with no problems, and this is not a location issue as it has happened everywhere I have traveled for work. NEVER had a problem with phone service prior to going with Samsung. Any ideas??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you got the latest phone did you use it for a while as clean phone?  No restoration of the previous settings from the past phones, no applications other then what came with the phone, just your gmail acount without any other emails, no customization for ringtones or other settings.

Having the same thing happen with each phone can often lead back to something the user did or add to the device.

Try running the phone in safe mode for a couple of days, if the issue persists in safe it is more likely a hardware problem.  If it goes away, it is a software problem meaning something you added or changed on the phone.

I would also try a different phone as in a completely different manufacturer.  Where and how the phone's antenna is designed and how you hold the phone can make a difference especially in buildings where the construction materials can impede the signal making it weaker. 

0 Likes
Amy2806

Thanks for the response. Yes, before getting the 3rd phone, I was at the store and they did a factory reset, was cleaned, and while there, the rep called me, they heard no ring tone on their end, and when I answered, the call dropped.

This has just been the most odd and frustrating problem. My roommate has the same phone, and has experienced no problems. As I stated, there are 0 other issues, I can call out with no problems and not lose a call, etc.. I was in Chicago last week for work, showing full signal, and still dropping incoming calls. I can be outside, anywhere, with full signal, and dropping incoming calls. Callers are also telling me that they will call, nothing happens, but when they call back directly, it will shoot them to email. 

As far as apps on the phone, I really don't have many because I do not want to waste time adding stuff knowing I may have to return the phone. I have added Uber, FB, Wade, and Trip Case, and Air BNB. Everything else as far as apps is Samsung related.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Amy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amy2806,

Having an ongoing issue such as you are having with dropping and not being able to answer  calls definitely does not seem like a good situation. I would love to take a deeper look at you line to check into the features. I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond back to my Private Message so we can investigate further. 

Lindsey_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kimmyp78

Having the same problem with my new Samsung S7 as Amy2846.

Sometimes when people call me, they hear no ringing but my phone rings and I answer it.

About 10 or 15 seconds into the call, it drops. Very frustrating.

Please help!

0 Likes