Why is my cell service so bad over the last couple years (2020 to 2022)?
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is my cell service so bad over the last couple years (2020 to 2022)? I'm not even talking about data - I just want to make a phone call. I can't get through a 5 minute phone call without getting disconnected at least 5 times.

It used to be great where I live in Hackettstown, NJ since at least 2003. I've been through several phones. Currently, I have a Samsung Note 4 - I bought it used about 5 years ago. It's been great all this time until lately. Don't get me started on all the updates that break my apps and slow down the phone. There was a time when I could do factory reset to get back to snappy performance. Now, even that default image seems to have been replaced - no more snappy performance after a factory reset. Sometimes I swear this is done on purpose to nudge people to buy a new phone - reminds me about what Apple did a few years back. Anyway...back to making a phone call...

...Verizon customer service was no help - kept telling me I need a new phone. A new phone? For what? To experience the same poor service?

Thoughts? Advice? I'm ready to switch carriers if the service will be better.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my cell service so bad over the last couple years (2020 to 2022)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EJuke, we don't want to lose you as our customer. We understand how important it is to get great service on your phone. We have sent you a Private Message, we want to see what we can do to help you. 

-Steven

0 Likes
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_supportYou sent me a private message? Where??? I haven't seen anything anywhere.

0 Likes
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  OK. I see the message. Probably a temporary browser issue.

0 Likes
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  OK. I read your private message. You basically said "Not our fault" because the updates come from Google or Samsung. Fine. That didn't answer my question.

0 Likes
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  Wow. This is lame. There was a button called "Correct". I clicked it thinking I could edit or correct the post...NOT identify it as a "Solution". Please fix this.

0 Likes
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  And while you're at it, I'm still looking for an answer to my original question. Thank you.

0 Likes
WYNLIN7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Support,

Would like to see solutions posted in public forum - so the rest of us can benefit if we have the same problem. 

This is a Samsung Note forum, albeit the question was about gradually bad service. 

This really deserves a public answer of some sort. Even if its the usual, clear your browser, reset to factory and upgrade to version suchandsuch, hw updates, anything? Perhaps it really is bad service no one reported until now?

And if he must upgrade hardware please explain why. He is right, why should he upgrade only to find the service is still bad? 

Anything, Anything? 

0 Likes