Why is this exchange different than the first Samsung Recall?
Lissa836
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is it that when the first recall was done, I was able to go into the store, exchange my phone for the s7 edge, and walk out without paying a cent, but now not only do I have to pay the taxes to downgrade to a model that I never wanted, AND I have to pay an upgrade fee? And not to mention that I have yet to get my $25 credit that was supposed to be issued from the first recall.

I understand that this has been frustrating for everyone, but there is absolutely no reason why my money should be tied up for a month to replace a defective phone for the SECOND time.  Verizon, this is a very poor customer service call.  You waived the fees the first time, they should also be waived this time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is this exchange different than the first Samsung Recall?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Lissa836,

You have a valid concern. This recall is different because Samsung going to issue an updated version. Once they did that and also found that the newer version also had a battery issue, they decided to cancel all sales of the Note 7 and recall all versions of the Note 7.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

We will refund your taxes, down payments, and fees will be credited back. When you upgrade to a new phone you will not be charged an upgrade fee, however, you would pay the taxes. This is no different than any other sales transaction for a return.

Samsung also initially offered the $25.00 credit to the account or $25.00 off of any accessory.

I hope this information has been helpful.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Lissa836,

You have a valid concern. This recall is different because Samsung going to issue an updated version. Once they did that and also found that the newer version also had a battery issue, they decided to cancel all sales of the Note 7 and recall all versions of the Note 7.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

We will refund your taxes, down payments, and fees will be credited back. When you upgrade to a new phone you will not be charged an upgrade fee, however, you would pay the taxes. This is no different than any other sales transaction for a return.

Samsung also initially offered the $25.00 credit to the account or $25.00 off of any accessory.

I hope this information has been helpful.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lissa836
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know perfectly well why the replacement phone has bern recalled.

What I am unhappy about is being charged $70 in order to replace a phone that is not a RETURN it is DEFECTIVE. I understand that everything will be refunded in "1-2 billing cycles",  but it's still not right that you tie up my money for 2 months.

Again, Verizon did not make us pay the taxes and upgrade fees last time. It shouldn't be charged this time.