Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Why is this exchange different than the first Samsung Recall?
Lissa836
Enthusiast

Why is it that when the first recall was done, I was able to go into the store, exchange my phone for the s7 edge, and walk out without paying a cent, but now not only do I have to pay the taxes to downgrade to a model that I never wanted, AND I have to pay an upgrade fee? And not to mention that I have yet to get my $25 credit that was supposed to be issued from the first recall.

I understand that this has been frustrating for everyone, but there is absolutely no reason why my money should be tied up for a month to replace a defective phone for the SECOND time.  Verizon, this is a very poor customer service call.  You waived the fees the first time, they should also be waived this time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is this exchange different than the first Samsung Recall?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Lissa836,

You have a valid concern. This recall is different because Samsung going to issue an updated version. Once they did that and also found that the newer version also had a battery issue, they decided to cancel all sales of the Note 7 and recall all versions of the Note 7.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

We will refund your taxes, down payments, and fees will be credited back. When you upgrade to a new phone you will not be charged an upgrade fee, however, you would pay the taxes. This is no different than any other sales transaction for a return.

Samsung also initially offered the $25.00 credit to the account or $25.00 off of any accessory.

I hope this information has been helpful.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Lissa836,

You have a valid concern. This recall is different because Samsung going to issue an updated version. Once they did that and also found that the newer version also had a battery issue, they decided to cancel all sales of the Note 7 and recall all versions of the Note 7.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

We will refund your taxes, down payments, and fees will be credited back. When you upgrade to a new phone you will not be charged an upgrade fee, however, you would pay the taxes. This is no different than any other sales transaction for a return.

Samsung also initially offered the $25.00 credit to the account or $25.00 off of any accessory.

I hope this information has been helpful.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lissa836
Enthusiast

I know perfectly well why the replacement phone has bern recalled.

What I am unhappy about is being charged $70 in order to replace a phone that is not a RETURN it is DEFECTIVE. I understand that everything will be refunded in "1-2 billing cycles",  but it's still not right that you tie up my money for 2 months.

Again, Verizon did not make us pay the taxes and upgrade fees last time. It shouldn't be charged this time.