Why won't my new Note 8 charge in my car?
SIOBHAN04

I recently upgraded from a note 5 to a note 8 because my Note 5 was not charging in my vehicle anymore. I've come to find out that my new Note 8 also is not charging in my car even with a Verizon supplied charger. The charger works as it charges other phones that are not on the latest update for Verizon as is the case with my Note 5 and Note 8. I've tried charging my phones in other vehicles with the same Chargers and or the Chargers that belong to those vehicle owners with no success. Is this a firmware issue with the newest system update from Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my new Note 8 charge in my car?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIOBHAN04, ensuring that your device has the ability to charge via your vehicle charger is a must. Help is here. I appreciate all the testing you performed thus far. Let's continue to work together to find you resolution. The software updates don't come from Verizon but rather the manufacturer of the device and the developers of the operating system. As your wireless provider, we simply ensure the software is compatible with our network. I'd like to test some things out. Please put your device in safe mode to temporarily disable the 3rd party applications then attempt to plug your device in the vehicle charger to see if it works while in safe mode. Click the link for the steps and keep us posted on your progress. http://spr.ly/6586DKCEe

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes